Possibility of front end swap

isaac7250

Recently I picked up an r6 shock and in doing so also got an almost complete non running r6. How would it affect the handling if I were to fit the front entire front end (wheel, brakes, forks triple clamp clips ons). I've mixed and matched forks on dirtbike before but never a track bike. So before I begin dismantling front ends what challenges should I expect?

simpletty

Country flag
Recently I picked up an r6 shock and in doing so also got an almost complete non running r6. How would it affect the handling if I were to fit the front entire front end (wheel, brakes, forks triple clamp clips ons). I've mixed and matched forks on dirtbike before but never a track bike. So before I begin dismantling front ends what challenges should I expect?

The bike will not benefit from that kind of swap, it definitely does not need the dual disc brakes, the 320 galfer and sintered pads is more braking than you will ever need. Just go with the andreani cartridge setup. The estra weight and time spent trying to make that sort of thing work is the wrong way to go.

isaac7250

The bike will not benefit from that kind of swap, it definitely does not need the dual disc brakes, the 320 galfer and sintered pads is more braking than you will ever need. Just go with the andreani cartridge setup. The estra weight and time spent trying to make that sort of thing work is the wrong way to go.

Alright I appreciate that. Definitely going to install that R6 shock and get it sprung to my weight. My local ktm had a 320 galter hanging on the wall so i might enquire about that. Thanks for your reply :)

Andy

Country flag
If you did go dual front you need to reduce the size of the discs, like in Moto 3 the discs are miniscule compared to the Rookies Cup single disc.

The only benefit of twin discs on a small bike is reducing gyroscopic inertia (think that's the term?).

ahastings

I think it would be a great idea if u can get it to fit. Just run one disc. U would have a better caliper and master cylinder them the ktm and better forks. Plus u would have a 3.5" front wheel with better front tire choice and it would probably be lighter then the boat anchor of a wheel that comes on the ktm

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

psych0hans

Country flag
I’ve fitted an RS250 wheel in the front with a set of RC8 forks. With the correct spacers the wheels bolted right up and the stock Ducati 320mm disks worked. 10mm offset, I think.

Attachments

• 5802B413-3582-4DD1-A586-96029E0B56CB.jpg
    5802B413-3582-4DD1-A586-96029E0B56CB.jpg
    243.3 KB · Views: 116
  • FED7FB90-F05D-4C40-93D6-51EB22EA8240.jpg
    FED7FB90-F05D-4C40-93D6-51EB22EA8240.jpg
    233.9 KB · Views: 107