Question about swapping out LED's for headlights

newuser

Hi everyone! I recently purchased a used 2015 rc390 with only 1400miles on the clock (previous owner was a 75yr old)! When swapping out the stock bulbs for some LED's, I noticed some clearance issues with a little vent just to the side of the rear of the projector housings (I believe it is for venting). In some LED swapping videos (ie Hard racing's kit) they just remove the little vent covers and don't put them back on, leaving it open to the elements. Is there a downside to this/has anyone had any negative experiences with permanently removing those little caps? Also, I've run this little guy around town a little bit, and the fan kicks on to keep the coolant below the line (runs about 8-9 bars). I'm assuming this is normal but should I swap out for better coolant to try and mitigate the risk of a headgasket failure?Thanks for any advice ya'll have for me! I love this little bike! cheers!

Metals 907

Or toss the projectors?
28d304e9070222e6c2c76a8d19e74fd3.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Metals 907

Honestly, no. I had to fabricate a custom bracket for the lights. Remove the oem light housings, and carve out the composite light housing structure till the heatsinks would clear. The inner black mask had to be trimmed on the top of the light opening to facilitate the double stack for a proper hi/low configuration.
It took me several hours of fitting to make it work.

Izu

I will be swapping out the halogens for similarly shaped brighter LED's (so same beam pattern) I'll let you know how it goes! The product is currently on the way.

Metals 907

I will be swapping out the halogens for similarly shaped brighter LED's (so same beam pattern) I'll let you know how it goes! The product is currently on the way.
Well? How'd things go?