madman

Elite Member
Country flag
I have run the RB on mostly my Italian bikes, i did do the RB Easy for the RC390Cup, and planned on getting a "racing" version to take advantage of all the features, map select, quickshift, pit limiter(which is awesome on the street for the PoPo, when you see one, hit the button, locks you in at a predetermined speed without brakes or nose drop),etc. I have decked out my RC with a lot of great stuff, as soon as I get the RB, I will chime in on what I found make it run right. Cooler and more power is my goal. What I can say is on my MV F3 & F4 RC bikes, It WOKE THEM UP BEYOND MY DREAMS. I love their systems, but like you all have reiterated, a MANUAL wouldnt hurt them at this point to understand their units and thinking. RB are easy install and works nearly out of the box. Playing with it, so far without a real manual, hasnt rendered me anything but time wasted. RB makes these things for all vehicles from tractors, cars, trucks, diesels. Vast applications, but nobody has pressured them to get a manual together. That would resolve a lot of time spent on finding out stuff that we should have printed upon the purchase of this great product.

Solidwire

Country flag
So I was looking at the PCV with the added WBC. Would this be a better option to control closed loop? Especially for the $$ I’m not a fan of messing with tunes or looking for the most power.

The downside I can see is that the extra add ins like quick shift seems more expensive then Dynojet.

Just installed my RB Evo on my 390 yesterday. Before this, the bike bucked like a bronco with the modded exhaust and was almost unusable in first and second gear while holding constant throttle.

After installing the Evo (along with a Tyga high mount and open airbox), it's like a new bike. Smooth at all throttle positions, sounds healthy at all revs, and the fueling is 90% better. Still have to dive into the software suite, but I'm very happy with is for sure.

Andy

Country flag
Be interesting to see if your fuel gauge works? Since I’ve had my Rapid bike unit fitted the fuel gauge permanently shows full!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Andy

Country flag
15 plate, everything works fine including the Raid Bike but the fuel gauge stopped. Might be coincidence or something else but still trying to get to the bottom of it.

chx$trips

Country flag
Where did you guys store or hold the RB unit? I have mine sitting on top of the air filter cover (modded open box) in the rear but it still covers a small portion on the bottom left.

FDRider

Country flag
I put mine in under the seat. On the 17’ at least there is a compartment in a compartment so you can remove the inner one and the RB fits snuggly inside that. Easy access to the plugs for tuning if you need that too.

Andy

Country flag
Mine sits in the battery tray at front, I’ve got a lightweight battery so there’s plenty of room, I leave the USB lead attached and just inside the cover for access although I will at some point fit a USB socket in the dash area. The loom provided is long enough to put under seat as well.

MIBISHI

I am currently at the fuel tank removal have it lifted up just not high enough to start plugging it all in will be on it tonight after work and hopefully have it all just looking for the connectors my pics i got weren't very good

MIBISHI

Finished install last night let run for a few then rode it to work today man the difference very noticeable and install wasnt bad at all besides the crappy threaded bolts getting stuff off from factory crossing stuff haha

Falkon45

Country flag
I installed my rapid bike a couple days ago. First day, ran pretty good. The next morning, I got a CEL at idle. Never cleared. Current mods are the Tyga header, catless exhaust and Chinese muffler (melting it), BMC filter, intake box top removed, new iridium plug, NGK boot, and bigger injector. Now, I've not been able to connect the ECU to a computer yet, as my laptop is the same age as my 15 year old kid. I don't want to buy a new computer just to tune this thing. Lol. But, has anyone else gone in and changed settings for desired AFRs.

Falkon45

Country flag
Well, after a lovely day of hard riding on sunday, the CEL cleared. The bike feels a ton better, but I'm still not keeping up with my friends ninja 400. lol. I'll give it some time... and some re-gearing later. But the bike feels way better, and that dead spot from 5-7k rpm has been greatly improved.

ace996

Good to hear the RB is working well.
I need something to help clean up the part throttle roughness.
Just the RB EVO is needed, yes?
I dont need the other add ons?
Thanks.

Lima6

The RB evo is an amazing piece of kit for street riders. Has definitely smoothed out a lot of the rough/jerky throttle, albeit I also have the G2 quickturn throttle which has helped me with throttle jerkiness too. One of the more interesting improvements has been the engine braking, which has noticably tuned down now to how it was stock.

Just to add, my bike is running the RB evo with stock airfilter & exhaust.

Sturc390

Country flag
We now carry a full line of Rapidbike products... Why? Full auto tune capabilities out of the box, with CLOSED LOOP fuel capabilities. That right there should sell you and if it doesn't, know that the 390 EVO Exclusive retails at $395. That is $25 cheaper outright then a base model PCV, but if you add on the auto tune function you come in $349 cheaper with the Rapid Bike. Seems smart to me!
Rapidbike EVO exclusive for KTM 390's
Hi i have recently purchased blue bike but unsure where the spare wire goes onto any chance you would know please