MNNTHBX

Supporting Vendor
Country flag
We've just released our new RAM mounts for the RC390. Hard anodized 6061. Available solo, with the wonderful X-Grip phone mount, GoPro mount, or all of it together. Perfect for GPS, filming, streaming music into helmets, etc..... FAR lighter than the OEM stem nut. $30.MNNTHBX - Enter

AirRsq

Added to cart, calc'd shipping...WOW! $9.50 shipping for a lightweight part the size of my thumb to the next state over? I absolutely love your stuff, but no way, sorry. I already ordered two separate orders from y'all, wish I'd have waited a couple days and could have added this to the last order I made.

Last edited:

MNNTHBX

Supporting Vendor
Country flag
We'll see if we can't get it sorted. Before you assume we're robbing you on shipping.... We almost always lose on shipping. The X Grip, GoPro mount, and short arm, all three come in rather large factory packaging, so yes, we'll almost always spend over $9 putting it in your hands. Keep in mind that when you ship "something the size of your thumb", you wrap in in bubble wrap to protect it well. Now it's the size of your fist. You put that in a box that wasn't free, seal it with tape that wasn't free, then make labels that aren't free. I wish real world shipping rates were cheaper, but they're not. Actual costs are printed on the labels by USPS. If at anytime you see you've been overcharged, we'll be glad to refund it (but that almost never is the case...).

I'll tell you what. If you'll write a review here, we'll cover your shipping, but we want honesty. If it's awesome, we want to hear it. If it sucks, we want to hear that too. I think you'll be impressed...

Last edited:

A1VW2NV

Country flag
Btw, I do a lot of shipping myself and my costs have nearly doubled in the last couple of years.

aj@x

Crying over 9 bucks! lol i gotta pay 25 bucks for postage to Australia which works out closer to 30 bucks after currency conversion, that's still a pretty good price for postage from the states to ozzie.

Does the anodising stand up well to being marked by the ram clamp since the ball is not rubber coated? also will these be in available for a while, i want one but no funds for at least a couple weeks after buying mirror wedges and blockoffs from you guys :D

MNNTHBX

Supporting Vendor
Country flag
The anodize holds up fine. We've made and used various RAM balls for several years now, and I've yet to see one scuffed up.

aj@x

The anodize holds up fine. We've made and used various RAM balls for several years now, and I've yet to see one scuffed up.

Cheers for the reply, i'll buy one soon if you keep them available. btw do you happen to know the torque spec on that bolt? also is special tool needed to remove the stock one of will a socket get it off?

Cheers!

MNNTHBX

Supporting Vendor
Country flag
Cheers for the reply, i'll buy one soon if you keep them available. btw do you happen to know the torque spec on that bolt? also is special tool needed to remove the stock one of will a socket get it off?

Cheers!
I don't, but will try to dig up that info. No special tools required.

MNNTHBX

Supporting Vendor
Country flag
Hmm is an aluminium hex gonna stand up to be tightened up to that sort of torque though?
Easily. We just torqued ours far past that just to see. Didn't even blemish the anodize. No worries, we cut the hex big and deep to provide plenty of surface.

aj@x

Easily. We just torqued ours far past that just to see. Didn't even blemish the anodize. No worries, we cut the hex big and deep to provide plenty of surface.

Awesome! i think i've got some type of anxiety from using China manufactured hex bolts haha, we all know they manufacture them from blocks of cheese...cheap cheese at that ;)

aj@x

Just bought one from you guys today! $82 aud total, man we get stung with conversion rates here in ozzy! will be a great upgrade to that ugly cast stock bolt though with bonus added functionality! Anyone else bought and installed one yet? what do you think of it?

msquared

Just bought one from you guys today! $82 aud total, man we get stung with conversion rates here in ozzy! will be a great upgrade to that ugly cast stock bolt though with bonus added functionality! Anyone else bought and installed one yet? what do you think of it?

I just put mine in today. Took all of 5 minutes. I used a pair of straight jaw channel locks to remove the stock bolt and it came out easily. I got the mount directly from Ram since I am using a 6s and needed the bigger size. Luckily I had some 60 degree weather in Denver today and got to cruise around town with it. Have to say that I didn't realize how much I had come to depend on my phone for GPS till it was stuck in my jacket pocket. Its nice to be able to see and navigate again.

This is a solid upgrade and well worth the cost IMO. Well done MNNTHBX as usual.

MNNTHBX

Supporting Vendor
Country flag
The phone would be in the way, the ball, not so much. 99% of the time, you either need a GPS or a full tuck, but normally not both. The mount can be removed from the ball in about 5 seconds with no tools.

ArkansasDave

The phone would be in the way, the ball, not so much. 99% of the time, you either need a GPS or a full tuck, but normally not both. The mount can be removed from the ball in about 5 seconds with no tools.

My bike is track only, and I need a camera and a tuck at the same time very often.