HardRacing

Supporting Vendor
Country flag

Ordered one of these from "G" on Monday, and received it 48 hrs later.

Top notch Service as always.

Got to say.. it may just be a BALL....... to mount your RAM. But it's a really nice machined part

After torqueing to said 38 lb/ft... no issue with Anodizing.

Well done G.......... Well Done.

And Save's 2 ounces... ;-)

Ball.jpg

regular_guy

Mine is on the way. Got the ball and both mounts. Ordered just the other day. I'll get it on there and post up some pics soon. Thanks MNNTHBX!

Edit: They're here. First impression...excellent stuff. Heavy duty. Well made. I'm gonna try and figure out a way to tether my phone to the phone mount in the event that it tries to come loose, (which I don't think it will, but just in case). The gopro mount is rock solid and I have no concerns at all about the camera ever coming loose. But those are RAM mount concerns, the ball itself is the best looking part out of the whole bit. I think it looks nicer than the regular bolt on the bike, not to mention that it serves a purpose.

Last edited:

regular_guy

So my phone is 3in x 5.8in. Do I need the bigger one? IT feels pretty tight but I just really don't wanna watch my phone skid down the interstate. I mean the mount is nice, and it does seem like it would hold it fine. I've seen nothing but good reviews about it, but there's that lingering feeling that I could hit a bump or something and it could go flying. I actually ran over a screen door that was in the middle of the interstate once on a sportbike at night where it was hard to see. Hit it full speed while it was just coming out the rear end of the car in front of me. I think that might be the kind of thing it would take to knock the phone loose, but hey...it's happened before and I just wanna be 100% sure I'm not losing this thing.

MNNTHBX

Supporting Vendor
Country flag
So my phone is 3in x 5.8in. Do I need the bigger one? IT feels pretty tight but I just really don't wanna watch my phone skid down the interstate. I mean the mount is nice, and it does seem like it would hold it fine. I've seen nothing but good reviews about it, but there's that lingering feeling that I could hit a bump or something and it could go flying. I actually ran over a screen door that was in the middle of the interstate once on a sportbike at night where it was hard to see. Hit it full speed while it was just coming out the rear end of the car in front of me. I think that might be the kind of thing it would take to knock the phone loose, but hey...it's happened before and I just wanna be 100% sure I'm not losing this thing.
You can fully trust those mounts, promise. We normally send smaller decals with each order, we just happen to be out at the moment. Sorry.

regular_guy

I watched a youtube video of a guy doing a bunch of wheelies with one and it made me feel better.

[video=youtube;3h_61EeDsNY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3h_61EeDsNY[/video]

octaneguy

I will answer my own question- it's 8mm hex bit for anyone stuck at the store wondering which bit to buy. Get some red loctite as well.

Some_KTM_Guy

What is everyone doing for power? I've got a different mounting location but I have no way of charging the phone during long rides. I have a small portable battery for charging but I can't have the phone plugged in and mounted.

Fasteddy

Country flag
There are two sets of accessory leads both fuse , one switched with key and one hot all the time that are tucked in to the harness in front of battery box.
Here is a pic, battery tender in hot and a GPS (black / white in switched.

IMG_0751.JPG

Some_KTM_Guy

There are two sets of accessory leads both fuse , one switched with key and one hot all the time that are tucked in to the harness in front of battery box.
Here is a pic, battery tender in hot and a GPS (black / white in switched.

View attachment 2847

I'm a little confused. Basically I want to add a USB plug to charge my phone/GPS or whatever I have mounted to the leads that will be hot ONLY when the key is turned. Do you have any instructions on how to do this and what you used? Or does anyone else have instructions on how to do this?

octaneguy

There is a factory accessory you can plug in unfortunately the included accessory jack isn't for US cig lighter plugs so I found a jack and replaced the factory piece. I keep a USB charger attached to it or you can get a cig plug jack with USB

Fasteddy

Country flag
Sorry for the confusion I thought you were looking for the power connection and already had something to connect to it, like this - Trackside USB Outlet - RevZilla

You would then connect it to the blue / black wires for switched off / on with the key. there are several types and styles to choose from.

Fasteddy

Country flag
If you went with one in link above you would need to cut the SAE plug off and crimp male spade lugs(1/4"flat push on connector) on the wires, the bike has standard size females so, black goes to black with a yellow trace on bike(ground). Red goes to blue with a red trace(fused, key switched positive).

Pretty straight forward, there is a 10 amp fuse ,F10, in the fuse box so no need to fave another fuse in line if you go with another style. I think I saw similar types of power ports at cycle gear.

Sunny

How to Remove Stock Bolt

I don't, but will try to dig up that info. No special tools required.

Sorry, maybe I'm missing something here. This bolt is really putting up a fight. There is a hex wrench that comes with the toolkit, but does not seem to fit. What non-special tool are you referring to?