Rc 390 r

Superpacman13

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
The 390 R is available as a street bike, just contact your local KTM dealer. The WSS kit parts are very limited but last I asked they had two kits spare in the US

Andy

Country flag
€8500 for the bike and €11000 for the race kit!!

I love the KTM RC390, would I shell that much out error no!

* Of course if you are going racing it may be a neccesary evil!

bbsteinnewyork

The 390 R is available as a street bike, just contact your local KTM dealer. The WSS kit parts are very limited but last I asked they had two kits spare in the US
I 've contact 3 local dealers. All of the said they haven't be offered this model for sale and said the 390 standard is the same so come purchase that. What gives??

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

green_bread

Country flag
According to the articles that were written about the RC390R, they are making 500 of the bikes, total. I would assume that would mean that most dealers are not going to just have them sitting around on the showroom and would probably have to be special ordered. Just guessing...

Do you really want to pay almost twice the price of the standard model for some "slight" improvements, though? Cost of the 390R bike was around $10k and from what I can tell, the big differences are that they put adjustable suspension on it, put a new top triple and clip ons on it, adjustable brake/clutch levers, and the shorter intake which give a "slightly wider power band".

Being honest here, if it were me, Id buy the standard model bike, put Andreani cartridges and a JRi shock on it and have WAY better suspension than the WP that would come on the 390R, put an exhaust and PC on it with a tune from Chad, and whatever other add ons you want... and youd still come in under the $10k price of the 390R, ending up with a better bike, in my opinion.

Who is Chad, is he tuning via the PCV, or flashing the ECU?
Wondering if he has gotten around the closed system thingy, which I don't really understand, so my questions may make no sense.

Mike

P.S. How goes the racing? Our 4th round is in June, I'm shit but improving, the rear sets are working great FYI.

green_bread

Country flag
Who is Chad, is he tuning via the PCV, or flashing the ECU?
Wondering if he has gotten around the closed system thingy, which I don't really understand, so my questions may make no sense.

Mike

P.S. How goes the racing? Our 4th round is in June, I'm shit but improving, the rear sets are working great FYI.

Chad Wells of KTM Performance/Commonwealth Motorcycles. He is cjwells on this forum. They can flash the ECU and have done PCV tuning. He is a fantastic tuner and has been a huge help to me with getting my bike running top notch! Id just give him a call (502-568-2666) and see what they can do for you.

Racing has been going pretty well for me so far this year. I went down and raced at Daytona with CCS/ASRA back in March and got 3 podiums out of the 5 races I entered (not on my bike, either - I was on a CBR500 and a Ninja 300 that Im helping my sponsor get set up). As far as MCRA goes, we have only had 1 event so far and I won both of those races. My teammate will probably be racing with us at the next event this weekend and hes been racing MotoAmerica and a bunch more CCS than I have, so we will see if I can latch on to him, or not! :)

Glad the rearsets are working out for you! :)

Thanks Green Bread, I hope the racing continues to go well!

Chad Wells of KTM Performance/Commonwealth Motorcycles. He is cjwells on this forum. They can flash the ECU and have done PCV tuning. He is a fantastic tuner and has been a huge help to me with getting my bike running top notch! Id just give him a call (502-568-2666) and see what they can do for you.

Racing has been going pretty well for me so far this year. I went down and raced at Daytona with CCS/ASRA back in March and got 3 podiums out of the 5 races I entered (not on my bike, either - I was on a CBR500 and a Ninja 300 that Im helping my sponsor get set up). As far as MCRA goes, we have only had 1 event so far and I won both of those races. My teammate will probably be racing with us at the next event this weekend and hes been racing MotoAmerica and a bunch more CCS than I have, so we will see if I can latch on to him, or not! :)

bbsteinnewyork

Does Chad use the KTM software or ? For the R model or just the standard model?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk