thehiredgun

Country flag
Fantastic Project!!! A real SuperMono!

I'm curious about the wheel & tire change. It looks like once you put the fork-lowers on, the front 690 wheel and tire just drop right in. What did you have to do to get the 690 rear wheel + sprocket + disc to replace the stock 390 components?

Superpacman13

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
Fantastic Project!!! A real SuperMono!

I'm curious about the wheel & tire change. It looks like once you put the fork-lowers on, the front 690 wheel and tire just drop right in. What did you have to do to get the 690 rear wheel + sprocket + disc to replace the stock 390 components?
We had to machine the brake disc mounting surface down because the width of the 390 triples isn't wide enough to fit both calipers in alignment with the wheels. WE also had to grind the spokes of the wheel down to fit without hitting the backs of the calipers.

I didn't get much time on the RC732R last year due to breaking my arm four days ahead of the opening round. We decided to do a few more upgrades on the bike over the winter though. Added 790 lowers to the 390 forks and dual rotors as well as dropped in a Suter slipper clutch to help get the power down. Here are a few recent pics just waiting for the racing to pick back up.
how difficult was the installation of the 690 engine case and fitment to the rc390 chassis?

Thanks for the reply.. I bought a 2015 690 motor and am gathering the parts. Would like to get your advice/ expertise on the mods if you have time for a call to discuss.

New for 2021. Installed the Hotbodies 390R WSS bodywork and had it vinyl wrapped similar to the old Harley VR1000.

Attachments

• 732 wrap6.png
    732 wrap6.png
    593.8 KB · Views: 51
  • 732 wrap7.jpg
    732 wrap7.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 57
  • 732 wrap8.jpg
    732 wrap8.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 58
  • 732 wrap9.jpg
    732 wrap9.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 56

USBA131

Country flag
Here is a little insight into our in house special project, we jammed a big bore 690 into a 2015 RC 390. It was so succesful that it got 2nd in its first ever race! Here are a few specs to make you dream.
  • 290lbs wet
  • 70hp
  • 60ft lbs
  • Uses all RC 390 spares
  • 690 duke wheels and brakes 120/165
  • Ride by wire superbike harness
  • 3mm big bore making it a 732cc
View attachment 4697
View attachment 4698
View attachment 4699
View attachment 4700
View attachment 4701
I am seriously looking at this conversion to run in LWSB and Moto3 classes. Anyone else completed the conversion?
I race @ USBA primarily on my ZX6 but bought an FZR400 to run small displacement classes. Just missed buying a used Kramer by a few hours that was posted on 13x forums, but this RC690 really intrigues me. Any more details on the conversion would be greatly appreciated! I am currently looking at RC390 and Duke690 donors to get this going.

Snaggletooth - I assume you are running against SV650. Wondering how this compares against a built SV?

USBA131

Country flag
Looks like I am committed to this. Just bought a donor 2017 Duke 690 @ an auction for $1,025. Theft recovery. Looks like it was stolen then covered with roll-on bedliner to hide what it is. Visually a mess but otherwise intact with no visible damage. Crossing fingers that the engine is in good shape. If the engine is good then I lucked out.

I will start a new thread once this gets going and get off of Grey Areas thread

Snaggletooth - Would like to hear more about your racing impressions with this conversion. I have been contemplating just setting up the 690 for racing, but I assume that 390 makes a better light weight platform. Ultimate goal is Kramer hunting if any show up here at Utah, and a run at the LWSB class in 2022. Currently, the class is mainly SV650's and a couple of really well super-bike prepped N400's, with very high-level riders.

Superpacman - Any interest in fabricating the chassis and mounting engine? Interested in discussing this project with Grey Area and if there is any opportunity to work together on this build. Kramer seems to be doing OK building their bikes, maybe there is a market (albeit small) for an alternative?

Need to find me a RC390 now! Is there a preferred year for the donor? Thinking 2017+since the engine may be more desirable to sell on Ebay.

Looks like I am committed to this. Just bought a donor 2017 Duke 690 @ an auction for $1,025. Theft recovery. Looks like it was stolen then covered with roll-on bedliner to hide what it is. Visually a mess but otherwise intact with no visible damage. Crossing fingers that the engine is in good shape. If the engine is good then I lucked out.

I will start a new thread once this gets going and get off of Grey Areas thread

Snaggletooth - Would like to hear more about your racing impressions with this conversion. I have been contemplating just setting up the 690 for racing, but I assume that 390 makes a better light weight platform. Ultimate goal is Kramer hunting if any show up here at Utah, and a run at the LWSB class in 2022. Currently, the class is mainly SV650's and a couple of really well super-bike prepped N400's, with very high-level riders.

Superpacman - Any interest in fabricating the chassis and mounting engine? Interested in discussing this project with Grey Area and if there is any opportunity to work together on this build. Kramer seems to be doing OK building their bikes, maybe there is a market (albeit small) for an alternative?

Need to find me a RC390 now! Is there a preferred year for the donor? Thinking 2017+since the engine may be more desirable to sell on Ebay.
I continue to race this side by side with the Kramers and have been very successful. I personally prefer the ergonomics of my RC732 vs the Kramer and I raced the RC390 for years which makes me a little biased. This is very competitive against the SV's, FZ07's and all other middleweight bikes I have raced with. One thing that could be an issue is the head on the new gen 690 motor is larger than the elder. I cant say whether or not it will fit in the frame as we had very minimal clearances with ours.

FYI, the infamous RC732R is going up for sale. Most of the info is already on this thread but here is the list below.

RC732R (2015 RC390 Chassis w/2015 Superbike 690 Duke Motor)

290 lbs Wet
73hp(Current Mapping w/VP U4.4)
64 ft lbs
105mm Big Bore Making it 732cc
PCV w/Quickshifter
Ride by Wire Superbike Harness
Hotbodies RC390R WSS Bodywork w/Vinyl Wrap
Superbike Spec Head(Ported and Clearanced for Cam)
Polished and Balanced Crank
Suter Slipper Clutch(Installed w/Stiff Primary Spring)
New Arrow Race Header and Dark Aluminum Muffler
Scott’s Steering Damper
K-Tech RCU Shock
Andreani Fork Cartridges
790 Lowers Threaded onto RC390 Forks
690/790 Duke Wheels and w/Galfer Rotors
Dual Brembo M50 Calipers w/SBS Dual Carbon Pads
Tyga Rearsets
New Fire Power Lithium Battery
Cox Radiator Guard
Driven Clip Ons
Tyga Top Triple Clamp
Rottweiler Front Fairing Stay
Woodcraft Brake Lever Guard
Driven Quick Release Gas Cap
Evo Tech Shark Fin
Tech Spec Tank Grip
Spare Race Cam
KTM Front and Rear Stands
Woodcraft Tire Warmers
Spare Wheel Set w/Pirelli Rain Tires Mounted
Spare Set of Pirelli SC1’s Not Mounted
Spare Cush Drive
Spare Belly Pan
Spare Tail Section
Spare RC390 Front Fender
Multiple Rear Sprockets

This is a great entry for most Lightweight and Middleweight classes as well as AHRMA SOS1.
This bike is a great match against the Kramers at half of the cost and has beaten them on many occasions.

11k for the package and have a couple pails of VP U4.4 to go with it.
Message me for further info/photos
Located in Portland, OR

CheersRC732R T9.jpg

Superpacman13

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
Builder here, ask any and all questions. My most successful and joyous motorcycle to date and an absolute little terror on track. Whoever buys it will have direct access to me for any questions as it is very very complicated.