RC390 Cup Bike want start unless its a neutral

Bikingbagga

Country flag
Found out at the track that my CUP bike will not start unless it is in nuetral. Most bikes if you pull in the clutch when its is in gear the bike will start. Mine will not
What is the fix?

pineappleguru

Country flag
the behavior you describe would occur if the clutch sensor were broken. If you've changed levers recently and weren't careful this might have happened.

Bikingbagga

Country flag
I have not changed anything. I got the bike as did not realise I had the issue until I stalled the bike on the line at the start of race and could not restart when I pulled in the clutch.
Exactly what is the location of the clutch sensor?

pineappleguru

Country flag
if your clutch perch has no electrical connections your clutch sensor is missing. if your clutch sensor is missing the bike has no way to know whether the clutch is pulled in or not. if the bike doesn't know the clutch is pulled in it will not start when its in gear. simply install a clutch sensor, and the problem would probably be fixed.

pineappleguru

Country flag
if you eliminate the sensor completely you'll probably need to short circuit the ecu somewhere, if you want to know why you can't unplug it and have the bike work read through the logic of my last comment