Rc390 cup rear wp shock, PCV, & quick shifter

JeremyBarker

I have an extra wp rear shock off of a 2015 cup bike with various springs for sale. I really don’t know what it’s worth so I am open to offers but please no crazy low ball offers.

I also have a pcv with a dynojet quick shifter for a ride by wire system which does not work on my 2015 bike. The pcv was bought by my mistake not realizing the difference. I do not have any shift rods or hardware or the box that it came in. I will take $300 for both of those. Fyi, I bought the pcv and quick shifter from a friend that totaled out his duke that was only a few months old.

My name is Jeremy Barker and I race the wera southeast. Please call or text with any questions or more pics.
865-591-1559. Thanks

green_bread

Country flag
I am assuming the QS is specific for Ride by Wire? If it can be used with a PC for a 2015 and still work, I would be interested in the QS, itself.

Formula390

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
I am assuming the QS is specific for Ride by Wire? If it can be used with a PC for a 2015 and still work, I would be interested in the QS, itself.

The quickshifters are a sensor which are installed inline on the shift shaft link rod. They connect to the PCv via 2 wires, and the sensor basically just connects the wires. All sensors for push or pull are generic, with the only "custom" part being the shift shaft link rod being shorter to allow for the installation of the sensor. The PCv has to be configured to know that the sensor is there and which port it's installed on. Some bikes use a push sensor, some use a pull sensor. Power Commander started selling dual (push and pull) sensors to make things a little easier, so the PCv QS sensor Jeremy has may even be a dual contact sensor. For a 390 you'll want to use either a push or dual sensor, regardless of model year.

Formula390

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
The quickshifters are a sensor which are installed inline on the shift shaft link rod. They connect to the PCv via 2 wires, and the sensor basically just connects the wires. All sensors for push or pull are generic, with the only "custom" part being the shift shaft link rod being shorter to allow for the installation of the sensor. The PCv has to be configured to know that the sensor is there and which port it's installed on. Some bikes use a push sensor, some use a pull sensor. Power Commander started selling dual (push and pull) sensors to make things a little easier, so the PCv QS sensor Jeremy has may even be a dual contact sensor. For a 390 you'll want to use either a push or dual sensor, regardless of model year.

I also should be clear... the PUSH sensor would be used if you have the bike setup for standard shifting. If you use GP shift, you'd need a Pull sensor, or a Dual sensor. Me, I'm a standard shift guy. If it's good enough for Rossi, it's good enough for me! ;)

Maybe at next years MotoGP weekend customer appreciation party I'll reprise my tale of "borrowing" a good friends Ducati 900SS racebike to take it for a quick jaunt around the backroads or where the bike was being stored. I lugged the thing up the gravel driveway onto the road, the whole while thinking "Damn! For a racer this thing is a bit of a pig!" I hooked right, down the short way to the stop sign, then attempted a reasonable launch, which utterly failed. I shifted into 2nd and took the throttle to WFO... only to have my helmet IMMEDIATELY smashed by the instrument cluster. Doing my very best imitation of a comic character head spin after having an anvil dropped on their head... I cautiously turned around, brought the bike back, parked it, and walked away.

Years later at a campfire, I recounted the story to my buddy who's bike it was. He was very confused. "I never kept my bike there. I'm not sure who's bike you were on, but it wasn't mine." A bit of a ways away, I hear somebody else ask another friend "Hey, Ronrad... didn't you store your Duc over at Broglios and race it with GP shift?" ... ... ... ... ... uhmmm... ... ... ... {ooops!}

2017-05-06.jpg

John390

will the PCv work on a 2018 RC390? fully plug and play?

I don't want to use the quick shifter but I am looking at either the PCv or the Rapidbike Evo.