RC390 Kickstand Stability

Hi All,

Just picked up a used '15 RC390 with 5k on the clock. Liking it so far, learning its eccentricities along the way.

One of the big issues I've noticed is the OEM kickstand on my bike seems too short, making it ridiculously easy to tip the bike over on the kickstand side.
Great for when I want to do parking maneuvers with the bike balanced on the kickstand, terrible for my peace of mind when the bikes parked.

Is everyone else's RC390 like this?

John390

mine is just dandy.

Now that said, double check that your rear suspension is stock.

Some others will raise the rear for more clearance when cornering at the limit. If the rear suspension is taller, your kickstand will appear shorter.

Old3

Country flag
If I’m not mistaken the mounting bolts were known to come loose and you might not notice until it falls apart.

Tom

This exact thing happened to me 35 miles from home, after I got off of work at 12 AM. Double check the bolts on the kick stand, and lock tight the bajeesus out of them for peace of mind. Other than that, those bolts are way too big for the amount of load they have to support. If you take one off you'll see what I mean. I think the only larger bolt on the bike is on what they use on the axle.

chopshop

i have a "new" 2017 model, i have just trashed the left hand side by pulling the bike over on my drive with the same problem, just does not seem stable, mind you i am a heavy handed 6'2, having said that never had an issue on any other bike i have ever owned and i have owned alot....