RC390R Wind Screen

Superpacman13

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
I think you may be pretty far up a creek without a paddle. You will need a KTM mounting kit which you can't get and the windshield which you can't get. I am not sure what Hotbodies is thinking releasing the kit without any of the supporting material.

green_bread

Country flag
You should get the Tyga windscreen to work with that kit. The upper looks pretty much identical to the Tyga upper.

Looks like youll have to do some additional trimming too:

*Kit fits older model RC390’s with some modification and mounting kit. Photos of the primered bodywork are mounted to an older generation motorcycle, you’ll see hole location chnages and trimming. Gas Tank is different on newer “R” model which solves modifications for older bikes.

Formula390

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
I bought hotboddies RC390R body work for my 2017 KTM RC 390. The website says it will fit older RC 390 models; however, as you can see in the link below, the windscreen is different (it's probably from RC390R WSS kit). I was wondering if I can use RC390 racing bubble or Tyga wind screen with it.
Link: https://www.hotbodiesracing.com/product/rc390r-2018-race-bodywork-primer-gray/

As Pacman said, you are sorta screwed here. This is one of the big problems with the hotbodies kit in that they might have reproduced the body panels, but they don't have the fairing stay, mounting hardware, windscreen, etc. So, it's all sorta up to the racer to figure out how to get it to work on their bike. Is it possible, yeah I suppose, depending on your ability, experience, and capabilities for doing that sort of fabrications. Will the Tyga screen fit... maybe. The upper is close, but there are a few differences that aren't going to make anything easy for you. That said, the Tyga screens are pretty flexible so you might be able to force them into rough shape and get some bolts in there to fasten it in place and look reasonably close. I've got plenty in stock, tho I would recommend getting two as you may very well break one trying to get it to fit, but that's your call. I also don't understand how HB makes a kit, but doesn't make it into a kit that resembles that which would be needed.to USE the kit. {shrug}

naveed

Yes, it's challenging to put this bodywork. Is Tyga screen approximately the same height as the RC390R one?