yeah.. not my most favorite part of the bike.. but I had bought them for one of my other KTMs and had them on the shelf.. I would have bought the KTM cup ones probably if I was buying new.. but for under 100bucks the Chinese ones are not too bad

short video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unASyUN_Zso

I wouldn't recommend the KTM rearsets as you cannot buy spare parts. For the RC390 you cant beat the price and quality of the Tyga rearsets and every single part is available separately.

Formula390

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
I wouldn't recommend the KTM rearsets as you cannot buy spare parts. For the RC390 you cant beat the price and quality of the Tyga rearsets and every single part is available separately.

Yup. I have actually increased my "spares" stock on hand as well for the Tyga rearsets so that I don't have to worry about having enough spares on hand once all the Novices graduate and start trying to follow the Experts into the turns at the same speed. :eek:

"I just got in there too hot and ran out of talent."
- Matt Mladin

Yup. I have actually increased my "spares" stock on hand as well for the Tyga rearsets so that I don't have to worry about having enough spares on hand once all the Novices graduate and start trying to follow the Experts into the turns at the same speed. :eek:

"I just got in there too hot and ran out of talent."
- Matt Mladin

So it sounds like you got some extras for Paxton. :D

Carbon fairings & wheels, antigravity battery, race fairing stay - any other suggestions for cutting weight?

best weight savings after you remove the stock, expendable parts

cut 4 lbs of excess metal off rear subframe behind seat mounts
replace the factory fairing mount with an Main Frame Stay (tyga or rotweiler, i have used both on different bikes)
CF body is not any lighter than stock..except the side panels.. the lightest side panels are the Hotbodies as they are a single integrated fiberglass piece..

metal + MFS + side panels + remove ABS module, I also cleaned out all the air box plastic and parts, removed all the excess wires and harnesses that were easy to get to, engine screw kit with probolts (half a pound!), replaced the heavy triple clamp and bars with driven parts.. of course CF wheels.. all in all a big drop

36766524_10213818793359094_1982489146429538304_n.jpg31416782_10213339895546948_4137570711835246592_n.jpg

I spent a good couple of weekends hunting pounds down and making this bike light as possible (and yes, i'll get on the salads) but one problem i've always had is right turns with my Akra exhaust. Pivoting my foot on the footpeg my heel hits the exhaust hanger and I can't pivot comfortably.

So I got a Yoshi dual undertail exhaust. Hanger problem solved.... all of the weight that I've gotten rid of is now back in the form of a second exhaust pipe :mad: I can't even cut off the subframe because that's where it mounts!

Back to salads, I guess..

goat

Country flag
Sorry for late reply.. the sides are Hotbodies sides (they are couple pounds lighter than stock panel)
The nose, tail (and belly pan not shown) are Tyga

I'm also on my way to squeeze the last lbs out of the bike. I have some questions to your mods:
- Why do you mix up bodywork and not just take the tyga race nose and Sidepanels? You mentioned that tyga customized the street noise for you, why not just take the race version?
Upper Cowling, Race, GRP, KTM RC125, RC200, RC250, RC390
- which engine screw kit with probolts did you use, where can I get it?
- which triple clamp and bars did you use?
- is there any downside (e.g. dirt, stories/gravel) to remove the air box plastic and parts?

thanks for your feedback!

RC390X mods

I'm also on my way to squeeze the last lbs out of the bike. I have some questions to your mods:
- Why do you mix up bodywork and not just take the tyga race nose and Sidepanels? You mentioned that tyga customized the street noise for you, why not just take the race version?
Upper Cowling, Race, GRP, KTM RC125, RC200, RC250, RC390
- which engine screw kit with probolts did you use, where can I get it?
- which triple clamp and bars did you use?
- is there any downside (e.g. dirt, stories/gravel) to remove the air box plastic and parts?

thanks for your feedback!

I have a few 390s and have a variety of race bodies... I weighed each part and used the lightest parts. Hotbodies side panels are one integrated unit made of fiberglass, The stock panels are clamshell panels from ABS and are heavier.

I got the Tyga front nose before it was available in plastic without race so they customized it for me... now its available

screw kit I would not recommend unless u want to get the probolt Ti kit..400$.. I got the aluminum and it is weak

Triple clamp is Tyga

Downside of no airbox is dyno tuning recommended and the filter I use is exposed to water if its raining... so would not recommend it if its your only bike.. I ride a different bike if raining

Attachments

• DSC_7364.JPG
    DSC_7364.JPG
    377.3 KB · Views: 122

goat

Country flag
thanks that's really great and useful Information.

also another question are you using the tank cover replacement or do you always use the stocke one?

thanks that's really great and useful Information.

also another question are you using the tank cover replacement or do you always use the stocke one?

The gas tank cover (body part) is stock plastic

here is a summary of the weight savings

Attachments

• RC 390 Ultralight.jpg
    RC 390 Ultralight.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 129

ReidMcT

Premium Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Country flag
... one problem i've always had is right turns with my Akra exhaust. Pivoting my foot on the footpeg my heel hits the exhaust hanger and I can't pivot comfortably.

So I got a Yoshi dual undertail exhaust. Hanger problem solved.... all of the weight that I've gotten rid of is now back in the form of a second exhaust pipe ....

This is my dilemma as well as I ponder whether a Yoshi dual is worth it. Now I see the new Tyga single high-mount system, and I wonder if it will be better; or will my size 12 heel hit it since it seems to occupy some of the space where the Akra bracket presently resides.

ReidMcT

Premium Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Country flag

ia02

Country flag
Hate to break it, but I know of several 390's that have you seriously beat. That being said, very nice bike.