(Ready to) Race Against The Machine

Hello Icehax. Happy to share ideas with you
about getting all data, I use a VECTOR GL1010 (taken temporary from my office). I log 3 signals:
- the analog signal of AFR,
- the Ignition signal (beween the ECU and the coil)
- the signal coming from the throttle grip
Then I compute the ignition signal (initially with excel, and later by Matlab in order to extract the rpm.
Then I consider AFR only when throttle is in a certain range (for example >95%) and generate graph of AFR respect rpm for this throttle opening...
The rpm info is not available on CAN if you do not send specific request to get the info, at least on 2015 bike.

About the AFR jauge, I welded 2 O2 sensors plugs in my home made high flow exhaust line, in order to keep the standard probe used by EFI, and use the additional linear lambda sensor

AL9nZEVT0xoJZNSzLnciWVtqFfy3ZkoG9ALk9FNCx4mvkQTuxLObCZwq8fXor4os0KIiyURvao2yc3jRAyOTrDtWtgvlhb3IIvy9up9gdNKoQQZFWDLo1SoRAspSZE9rhX55NJwohlnrAT0kHEx2bOzaHWfo=w1010-h757-no

I plugged a Bosch LSU4.9 O2 sensor
I use Innovate LC-2 interface ton drive the O2 sensor and generate an analog signal

3877_kit_600.jpg

(I made a 3D printed headlight holder, so I have plenty of space behind the dashboard to locate the LC-2 interface.

AL9nZEWnTZanbA5q-i4WChDlpiPHX742UifE9gCPq_NXZLBLq_3ClvB1DrTKJm11kINRXKVVl-SsdT79T9mB54ThgM6ckMBwC_2UjO8RkKmaXhdrL6vdtPSH9K5a1eUa5dq87rc4Kqd4yyE630Ra9G6Ss1XA=w1010-h757-no

About the display, it comes also from Innovate, so I can have a look on it while riding. Whet you see here ths the lambda in idle, it is not a battery volt meter. I made a small bracket, reusing the screw from dashboard to chassis

AL9nZEWh9msrebS0qYP_EN_AX24wGJUf7Yj4q6caNwZYNcafuQdtpgTtDPXDWQQCerhK8hIoUXFigLgwbF-j98IjBeJimrKE8Dq_eAZ0FkgW-0bTRyJlW97IhBWzO3UaJ5a8KQwKKvhSwhcdHY_j25sJZEqtTw=w1197-h757-no

Aboput 3D printed intake manifold, I did my first try with basic PLA and ... as I have no sign of weakness, it is still what is mounted. There is no hear here (as fresh air is always inside. I was more afraid of vibration, but finally no issue. Even with daily use and track days...

Icehax

Country flag
Hello Icehax. Happy to share ideas with you
about getting all data, I use a VECTOR GL1010 (taken temporary from my office). I log 3 signals:
- the analog signal of AFR,
- the Ignition signal (beween the ECU and the coil)
- the signal coming from the throttle grip
Then I compute the ignition signal (initially with excel, and later by Matlab in order to extract the rpm.
Then I consider AFR only when throttle is in a certain range (for example >95%) and generate graph of AFR respect rpm for this throttle opening...
The rpm info is not available on CAN if you do not send specific request to get the info, at least on 2015 bike.

About the AFR jauge, I welded 2 O2 sensors plugs in my home made high flow exhaust line, in order to keep the standard probe used by EFI, and use the additional linear lambda sensor

AL9nZEVT0xoJZNSzLnciWVtqFfy3ZkoG9ALk9FNCx4mvkQTuxLObCZwq8fXor4os0KIiyURvao2yc3jRAyOTrDtWtgvlhb3IIvy9up9gdNKoQQZFWDLo1SoRAspSZE9rhX55NJwohlnrAT0kHEx2bOzaHWfo=w1010-h757-no

I plugged a Bosch LSU4.9 O2 sensor
I use Innovate LC-2 interface ton drive the O2 sensor and generate an analog signal

3877_kit_600.jpg

(I made a 3D printed headlight holder, so I have plenty of space behind the dashboard to locate the LC-2 interface.

AL9nZEWnTZanbA5q-i4WChDlpiPHX742UifE9gCPq_NXZLBLq_3ClvB1DrTKJm11kINRXKVVl-SsdT79T9mB54ThgM6ckMBwC_2UjO8RkKmaXhdrL6vdtPSH9K5a1eUa5dq87rc4Kqd4yyE630Ra9G6Ss1XA=w1010-h757-no

About the display, it comes also from Innovate, so I can have a look on it while riding. Whet you see here ths the lambda in idle, it is not a battery volt meter. I made a small bracket, reusing the screw from dashboard to chassis

AL9nZEWh9msrebS0qYP_EN_AX24wGJUf7Yj4q6caNwZYNcafuQdtpgTtDPXDWQQCerhK8hIoUXFigLgwbF-j98IjBeJimrKE8Dq_eAZ0FkgW-0bTRyJlW97IhBWzO3UaJ5a8KQwKKvhSwhcdHY_j25sJZEqtTw=w1197-h757-no

Aboput 3D printed intake manifold, I did my first try with basic PLA and ... as I have no sign of weakness, it is still what is mounted. There is no hear here (as fresh air is always inside. I was more afraid of vibration, but finally no issue. Even with daily use and track days...
That's a sick setup! I already have some stuff setup and a rudimental map i made which runs good but i would like to set up proper datalogging to actually sit down and adjust everything based on data instead of looking at the afr gauge while shooting down a straight road near my house . I already have a second lambda sensor connected to an AEM UEGO X series afr gauge with builtin afr calculations and datalogging which is convenient, i just need to get the tps values and the rpm which i plan to datalog using an arduino uno with an sd card shield which i believe would be the cheapest alternative to an actual datalogger.

As for the manifold it's nice to know there isn't much load on it, I'm planning to make it out of TPU as the RC390R's intake runner (which I'll be stealing the design from) isn't a solid piece but is a little gum-like. But that's a project for the future as i dont even have a 3d printer yet! Haha. So many ideas for this bike and so little free time... :(

Thanks for the quick response tho!

Icehax

Country flag
Wish i could attach as many detailed pics as you but i didnt take any while i was working on mine, we did very similar mods though! Here's my baby:
DrHabgk.jpg

IjDXQGT.jpeg

Last edited:
I see you already did most of the job.
easy way to access rpm info, if not available on CAN or to dashboard, in to use injector signal or ignition signal.
Injector signal is easier, and reliable than Ignition.
You idea to use arduino is probably very good. I have no experience with that. I would configure it for analog TPS acquisition, and logical Injector acquisition.
I recommend to perform the digital acquisition at least every 1ms. So you can catch small 1ms injection pulse, and you can still catch the rpm value even when Injection is 99% of time
With GL1010, instead of making an acquisition every 1ms, for example, I register the timestamp at each signal transition. This makes the logs much lighter.
Please keep us informed of your realization

Icehax

Country flag
easy way to access rpm info, if not available on CAN or to dashboard, in to use injector signal or ignition signal.
You idea to use arduino is probably very good. I have no experience with that. I would configure it for analog TPS acquisition, and logical Injector acquisition.
I recommend to perform the digital acquisition at least every 1ms. So you can catch small 1ms injection pulse, and you can still catch the rpm value even when Injection is 99% of time
With GL1010, instead of making an acquisition every 1ms, for example, I register the timestamp at each signal transition. This makes the logs much lighter.
Yep thats good advice. Since the injector signal is digital i may try to attach it to one of the interrupt pins of the arduino so I don't have to do anything, i just tell it to interrupt on the rising (or falling) edge and every time the processor gets interrupted it will automatically execute the function that saves the value. Plus by using a microcontroller like the arduino i can easily tell the time that passes between each pulse and compute the rpm value directly before saving it in a csv together with the elapsed time for easy graph generation. I will design it over the weekend if i can find the time. Ill be sure to post the code and schematics here when im done in case anyone would like to do the same.

Icehax

Country flag
Last question, how is the TPS wired? I cant seem to understand it from the wiring diagram:
Screenshot_20221020-153315_Drive.jpg

It's the M60 in the picture, i cant understand which wires are going from the sensor to the ecu and which are going to the electric actuator...

Icehax

Country flag
Last question, how is the TPS wired? I cant seem to understand it from the wiring diagram:
View attachment 7112

It's the M60 in the picture, i cant understand which wires are going from the sensor to the ecu and which are going to the electric actuator...
My guess is the first two are the motor, but still how do the other 4 work, what am i supposed to splice to get the tps analog signal

Icehax

Country flag
My guess is the first two are the motor, but still how do the other 4 work, what am i supposed to splice to get the tps analog signal
Nevermind figured it out, there are two different throttle position sensors, thats why theres 2 signal wires.