rear brake locking at the end of my commute....

mrgene13

Hi Guys,

I have a 2016 that was fully service less than 1000 miles ago. I noticed my RC losing power on the way home from my work commute, and when I couldn't roll it in neutral I figured out the rear brakes were locked. They released after about 30 minutes of cooling down. I rode for a bit when with just the front brakes then did some research and flushed the rear brake fluids with fresh dot 4. It seemed to have fixed the problem. It came back yesterday. It locked up towards the end of my 8 miles commute (moderate to heavy traffic). Luckily I was only 2 blocks away from home so I just gassed my way through it.

Any ideas or advice on how to fix this? I don't mind riding on just front brakes, but I am definitely more comfortable have 2 working brakes.

Thanks in advance!

-Gene

=maz=

Country flag
I haven't encountered that with the 390...however, my Historic race bike did have a similar issue and it was resolved by cleaning the master cylinder and clearing the fluid return hole.

aventadorsv24

I haven't encountered that with the 390...however, my Historic race bike did have a similar issue and it was resolved by cleaning the master cylinder and clearing the fluid return hole.
yeah sometimes u will find sort a greasy or clog up in master cylinder

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

I had the same on an other bike. It was due to master cylinder that need new set of gasket.

In order to know if this comes from caliper or master cylinder, when brake is blocked, open the blessing hole for a second. If brake is released, the the master cylinder is faulty. If not, caliper is.

cbach

Maybe something to check...mine came new with both front and rear reservoirs overfilled, which while riding the fluid heats and expands, which starts holding pressure on the brakes. Dropped the fluid down to the proper level and it's fixed.