Rear Brake losing prime

Bagwell

Country flag
It seems after sitting a little bit that my rear brake on my Street RC390 loses pressure. I have bled it a couple of times before trackdays or so when I noticed it lost pressure. All I have done to it was change to EBC pads and change the fluid in it. No air bubbles when I changed fluid or bled it that I remember. Strange. I need to check things a little bit but it seems like the line from the reservior where it goes into the rear master cylinder is under a little stress and maybe causing it to lose prime or something. I will check into it more soon, but wanted to see if anyone has run into it before. Seems like I read something someplace about it on here once.

Thanks.

psych0hans

Country flag
Some people recommend removing the abs from the system and just switching to direct lines. You could try that.

Bagwell

Country flag
Thanks for the reply. I could do that as a last resort, but would love to resolve the problem especially if its just a hose or hose route or something strange like that. I guess not many others have experienced this so far...

Fasteddy

Country flag
You might want to try to force the rear ABS channel to activate by doing some "controlled" hard rear wheel braking on loose gravel or sand then re bleed. You can read more about this technique on the KTM Adventure forum, The service manual calls for pressure bleeding, but unlike every other ABS system it says nothing about cycling the system while bleeding.