Rear Shock Options for 2020 RC 390?

rideontt

Country flag
Hey all, I'm in the market for an adustable rear shock, and don't want to spend $1400 on WP's option. Ohlins doesn't make one for the 2020 model, and neither JRI, Racetech nor Ktech have options listed for the 2020 model either. Any other suggestions for under $1k? Thanks in advance! :)

try from here, all your needs will be covered.. a great product...

Last edited:

daforg

Country flag
You can get Low and High speed Comp with Nitron R3 or YSS
I got the YSS and the setup is really good because the external reservoir is not attached to hose and doesn't get in the way. It is fitted upside down (foam bumper at the top)

this one also have hydraulic preload damping which make setting sag super easy.

View attachment 6560
Completely off topic but that trimmed rear guard looks interesting - how did you do it?

powerdriftR

Country flag
I've installed a ENDURANCE gas charged shock on my 2018 ! costs around 40$ approx in India and fits perfectly in the RC 390. Preload adjustable and the sag is a lot less than the stock , The ride is a lot firmer now, perfectly sprung (65kg rider) with better grip on the corners. Very very happy with the purchase !

daforg

Country flag
I just installed the YSS MU456W Hi-Lo Mono Shock, will report back once I've tested it on track.

View attachment 6748

The shock has worked out great, base set up was done by my suspension guy. It was a bit harsh initially, but I only needed to make minor adjustments to the rebound and low speed compression damping. This is purely for the track, no idea how it would go on the road.

K30

Country flag
Hey all, I'm in the market for an adustable rear shock, and don't want to spend $1400 on WP's option. Ohlins doesn't make one for the 2020 model, and neither JRI, Racetech nor Ktech have options listed for the 2020 model either. Any other suggestions for under $1k? Thanks in advance! :)