Road Atlanta Sprocket Combo

louis041

Country flag
Anyone have sprocket combo recommendations for Road Atlanta? Have a race there at the end of the month.

Thanks,
Louis

Falkon45

Country flag
I haven't gotten to run there with my ktm yet. I'm going on my MT-10 at the end of July. I did buy a sprocket in preparation, though. I had gotten a Tyga 39 tooth. I was going to try it with the stock front. Gave up low end for higher top speed. But this was just for a track day. For racing, I'd swap out the front for maybe one tooth down to level it out

louis041

Country flag
I haven't gotten to run there with my ktm yet. I'm going on my MT-10 at the end of July. I did buy a sprocket in preparation, though. I had gotten a Tyga 39 tooth. I was going to try it with the stock front. Gave up low end for higher top speed. But this was just for a track day. For racing, I'd swap out the front for maybe one tooth down to level it out

I ran there with stock gearing last year and didn't top out sixth gear on the back straight. I was also between gears at the end of the front straight. I was thinking of going down one in the front or up one in the rear.

Formula390

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
Running a 14T front is a REALLY tight radius on a 520 chain AND you'll be buzzing though the bottom swingarm slider pretty quickly. Far better to go up or down on the rear, up on the front, or both... But I would NOT recommend going down on the front from the stock 15T to 14T EVER.

I have a spreadsheet I published years ago about gearing ratios, top speed, and chain length, which can be viewed here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1T42Kjs53Xbad4d_krrIw5OPAEve9NntuLEwNRPkrnOY