ReidMcT

Premium Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Country flag
Uh oh. I've got very tight clearances with my Dyno Jet quick shifter and Chinese rearsets. I'm running GP shift and have used both the Ninja 250 short shifter piece and the stock arm. I went back to the stock shifter arm as I wasn't getting consistent shifting with the shorter arm.

Both lined up well but I had to adjust both to get them straight.

Hoping the shifter brace and arm don't cause me too much grief [emoji24]

Well, if you don't have a kickstand, the brace will install very easily in a very few minutes. It's a nice, precision fit and looks as if it will fulfill its purpose.

I'm thinking that the offset of the shift arm may have been made to accomodate a non-stock rod end (heim joint). The stock unit uses a joint with a ball and stud, whereas some aftermarket setups use a plain non-stud joint with a through-screw. That sort of joint may sit closer to the shift arm than stock.

For reference, I'm attaching a photo of the two types of joint. Note that the photo of the stud version is NOT the stock KTM piece, but is similar in dimensions. Ignore the extra nut on the stud, which would not be used in our application.

Plain vs Stud Heim Joints.jpg

Andy

Country flag
Fitted mine, amazing!

Clearance with the kickstand was tight but removed that and replaced afterwards ok.

Service provided was really good from the US side, shame it took about 10 days for delivery once it arrived in UK!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

avs

Country flag
Has anyone integrated the short shift with a ‘15 cup version rear set and belly pan? In gp shift position the shift linkage seems to interfere with the rear belly pan support. the belly pan was drilled for the lower hole position on the rearset bracket. Maybe people fashion some sort of U shaped bracket to clear the shift linkage? Or is there a simple trick I am not seeing?

Last edited:

=maz=

Country flag
Just a bit of feedback

On the next run of these could you thread the hole for the locking bolt all the way through please?

1JZSupra

Country flag
I apologize ahead of time for my "art"

Well It is a good thing you product was way better than your art work! That sharknado was.... well.... interesting. As for the product! Absolutely amazing, even on a stock setup. I purchased 6-1.0 x 40mm stainless bolts to replace the factory bolts and to maintain thread engagement. Thanks again!

Attachments

• 89449427_10216932806415773_7246093686482665472_o.jpg
    89449427_10216932806415773_7246093686482665472_o.jpg
    252.3 KB · Views: 15

fostytou

Country flag
Just a bit of feedback

On the next run of these could you thread the hole for the locking bolt all the way through please?
This is probably a bad idea - it means you can never clamp the metal on the splines. You need one side to move freely