simpletty

Country flag
So today I completed step 5 of my many planned upgrades and was really the first time I had a chance to really take the bike out and see how it felt.

!. Akra pipe and tune - complete
2. K&N filter and airbox mod - complete
3. R6 rear shock build, install and tune for my weight-complete
4. Front spring replacement and 10W fork oil install. Adjust fork height and test-complete
5. Rearset install-complete (pain in ass but the reward was worth it
6. Clip-on replacement-pending
7. Front brake upgrade-pending
8. Race bodywork-pending

So well on my way to getting this bike to where I: want it. I took the bike out and really laid into it and I can say is the upgrades have turned this into something that actually handles unbelievably well, flicks around with ease and is all in all a new bike compared to what it began as. Now its almost race ready, so its true to form as per ktm advertising. I am beyond happy with how its working Simple little changes sure do make this bike into something amazing. I have poured more than 20 hours of my time into it now and im guessing probably another 10 to go to really get it to that end point. Once I have the race bodywork on and its wrapped in the scheme I want I will post pictures of it. Dont be jealous......lol

It went from hate to absolute infatuation overnight and I am really excited to get out on it again and really get the feel of it. Its a great bike and with a few changes its an incredible bike. With the suspension and rearsets on today I scrubbed the letters on the rear .... no chickenstrips here.

simpletty

Country flag
three sessions left this year. I wont be ready to race, but will be out for the track days to get the bike dialed in and get a feel for it on the track. Use the tires up as much as possible, then drop the rear down to the 140, run something sticky next year. I dont know what bikes will be in my class....guys here think bigger is better. Next year i should be full on ready to race full time. Just checked in, there is one nsr250 and about 4 cbr300's in lightweight class. So that's my competition. They won't know what hit them....lol. My last full on race bike was the tz125. I gave the 600 guys a run with it

Last edited:

Treachery

Country flag
Might shoulda bought a set some weeks back when they were $80-ish + shipping, but I'd just spent $80 on pegs...