Southern CA Track Day Roll Call

reenmachine

Country flag
I've done two SoCal track days so far this year (1/22/16 Auto Club Speedway with Fastrack and 3/6/16 Streets of Willow with TrackXperience) and was the only RC390 in attendance at either.

Let's post here whenever we register for one so others might be able to join.

Rexbo

Country flag
I'm hoping to be @Laguna Seca with SBK Corse in April... otherwise it's all racing with CVMA and AFM.

tt2013

+reenmachine. I'm located in southern CA and I am open to doing a track day. I want to do a track day this month and hopefully we can get a couple of RCs to join us.

Sacape2

Do they allow first time track riders or do they want everyone to have had experience/supermoto school?

tt2013

If anyone is interested, I will be running my RC 390 at Apex Kart track located in Perris, CA, this Saturday 03/12/2016 . It cost about $35 to run the whole day. Let me know if you plan on coming. No experience necessary and you DO NOT have to tape up your light. Just show up and ride. There are gas stations, fast food joints and restaurants nearby, so you don't have to bring lunch if you don't want to.

reenmachine

Country flag
Do they allow first time track riders or do they want everyone to have had experience/supermoto school?

Not sure who you're asking but I'll answer from my experience. The two companies whose events I've attended were very welcoming of new track riders, provided you have a few thousand miles experience on the street (basically aren't a new rider altogether). They both have some form of new rider's school you must attend your first time with the group. One was for an extra fee (Fastrack Riders) and one was free (TrackXperience). Both were great but the Fastrack Riders school was much more in depth and structured, including chase video, etc.

Come on out!

Sacape2

Not sure who you're asking but I'll answer from my experience. The two companies whose events I've attended were very welcoming of new track riders, provided you have a few thousand miles experience on the street (basically aren't a new rider altogether). They both have some form of new rider's school you must attend your first time with the group. One was for an extra fee (Fastrack Riders) and one was free (TrackXperience). Both were great but the Fastrack Riders school was much more in depth and structured, including chase video, etc.

Come on out!

I really wanna go but I haven't even gotten to my first service yet lol. I think I'll have to rack up some more miles on this bike before heading to the track. It acts much more different than my last two 600s. Now, if I had enough seat time with this one right now, I'd be tempted to go depending on the weather for this Saturday. Forecast says a sunny Saturday, but it looks like rain is forecasted for Friday and Sunday.

reenmachine

Country flag
I really wanna go but I haven't even gotten to my first service yet lol. I think I'll have to rack up some more miles on this bike before heading to the track. It acts much more different than my last two 600s. Now, if I had enough seat time with this one right now, I'd be tempted to go depending on the weather for this Saturday. Forecast says a sunny Saturday, but it looks like rain is forecasted for Friday and Sunday.

I just went last weekend, so it'll be a bit for me. I'm targeting the weekend of April 23-24 with Fastrack at Auto Club Speedway in Fontana.

rc_orange45

Saturday May 21 CW and Sunday May 22 CCW Chuckwalla Valley Raceway w/ TrackDaz A/B/C groups format me and a fellow RC owner are going. hope more RC's can join25006404654_20141cbee6_b.jpg

SanDiegoBroker

I just went last weekend, so it'll be a bit for me. I'm targeting the weekend of April 23-24 with Fastrack at Auto Club Speedway in Fontana.

My 390 has 72 miles on it but everyone keeps telling me that 1 day on the track will teach me more than several weekends on the roads. Not sure if that is true, but I REALLY want to get on a track soon. I live in San Diego and don't really know anyone to help guide me in the right direction to pursue my dream of getting my knee down around a turn. :)

It looks like the Auto Club Speedway is only 1.5 hrs away. Also, the one in Perris sounds interesting. I'd definitely come up there for the next event.

reenmachine

Country flag
My 390 has 72 miles on it but everyone keeps telling me that 1 day on the track will teach me more than several weekends on the roads. Not sure if that is true, but I REALLY want to get on a track soon. I live in San Diego and don't really know anyone to help guide me in the right direction to pursue my dream of getting my knee down around a turn. :)

It looks like the Auto Club Speedway is only 1.5 hrs away. Also, the one in Perris sounds interesting. I'd definitely come up there for the next event.

I agree with what they say to a certain extent. Personally, I waited to go to the track until I was totally comfortable on the bike and had a good feel for how it behaved (~1000 miles) and it's not my first bike. I've put about 10,000 miles a year in on other bikes for the past several years. I think I recall from another thread that you had a couple other bikes before this one but I don't know for how long.

Also, when reading up on the various track day organizations, most if not all of them suggest (require?) that you have a minimum of a few thousand street miles under your belt before coming out. I figure they don't want to be teaching you how to ride a motorcycle on top of teaching you how to ride one on the track.

I'm sure everyone's experience is different though, and only you can be the judge of if you're ready.

Auto Club Speedway is great. Track time there is a little expensive, but the surface is great and the amenities are pro level (free use of garages, power, etc.). The noob class that you are required to take your first time out was really helpful as well and absolutely worth the money.

octaneguy

I'm doing Chuckwalla on September 9 with 2wheelstrackdays. Will probably do it again with the same group on October 21. I might do Fontana with Fastrackriders on September 16. I like doing Fridays because it's a little less expensive.

nino209

sept 9th

I'm glad to hear you are coming out, I co own 2WTD so i will definitely see you there, i will have my RC there, we can for sure go out an play.
i love seeing other RC riders in my track days.

octaneguy

Oh awesome! My first track day on my RC390 was with you guys on May 13 of this year. I had a blast. Since then, I've done numerous track days at Fontana and each time upgraded my bike, lol. Looking forward to going back to Chuckwalla again.

Thanks!

Richard

I'm glad to hear you are coming out, I co own 2WTD so i will definitely see you there, i will have my RC there, we can for sure go out an play.
i love seeing other RC riders in my track days.