Sprockets

Formula390

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
Howdy Devakrishna,
Yes, the sprockets from the RC and Duke are compatible with one another for the KTM Duke and RC 125/200/250/390 models. I carry sprocket sizes from 39 to 48 tooth as well.

Devakrishna

Howdy Devakrishna,
Yes, the sprockets from the RC and Duke are compatible with one another for the KTM Duke and RC 125/200/250/390 models. I carry sprocket sizes from 39 to 48 tooth as well.
So I can use Duke 250s 14 teeth front sprocket

And also does it affect engine ?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Formula390

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
So I can use Duke 250s 14 teeth front sprocket
And also does it affect engine ?

It's still going to be for a 520 chain, so I would think it would still fit. I can't say for certain tho as I have no access to a 250 here in the US to be able to state for sure.

As for engine impact, any gear change is going to have an impact on acceleration. Using a larger front sprocket, or smaller rear sprocket results in a higher top speed but slower acceleration. Using a larger front sprocket, or smaller rear, results in a lower top speed, but faster acceleration. This is true of all motorcycles as changing the sprockets changes the gear ratio.

Devakrishna

It's still going to be for a 520 chain, so I would think it would still fit. I can't say for certain tho as I have no access to a 250 here in the US to be able to state for sure.

As for engine impact, any gear change is going to have an impact on acceleration. Using a larger front sprocket, or smaller rear sprocket results in a higher top speed but slower acceleration. Using a larger front sprocket, or smaller rear, results in a lower top speed, but faster acceleration. This is true of all motorcycles as changing the sprockets changes the gear ratio.
Ookeee thanks[emoji111]️

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Has anyone fitted a 16 tooth front sprocket on a RC390? KTM don't sell one so what kind did you use? Was it a bolt on or did it have to be modified? TX