Starting issue for my 2015 RC390

mikasamuel

Hi guys,

I am newbie to KTM and also this forum. Recently I bought my 2015 KTM RC390, when I got it one month ago everything runs all good. It was 5500kms on the clock. Now I put another 1000kms on it.

About 2 weeks ago, the engine is very hard to start. Takes around 10-15 secs to turn on, sometimes even more.

I took my bike to one of the mechanic, he helped me to check the spark plug(Was white), valve clearance, compression, throttle body, starter motor, battery.etc Basically everything, and he said the bike runs quite lean.

I did some research, is it possible to be the problem from the ECU regarding the air/fuel ratio?

For cold starting takes very long time, but some times warm starting will be slightly easier. Sometimes still takes ages.

Xquzme

Country flag
I am having a similar issue with a hard hot start. The bike starts fine cold no issue. Get the bike up to temperature it won't start. We just set the valves with new shims as the old ones were all tight.I replaced air, fuel filters, spark plug and cleaned the throttle body and injector. The bike runs better and doesn't stall when down shifting but it won't start hot .

Did you ever fix your issue?

Todd