Question Stock Suspention Setup

BlackSyS

Country flag
Hi...
I would like to adjuste my stock suspention according to my weight. Is there any manuals where I can find necessary adjustments?

P.s. owners manual states only factory default configuration :(

Formula390

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
The isn't really any way of doing anything with the stock suspension short of adding more preload with adjusting the stepped adjuster on the rear. That's your only input into the stock system. Most swap out the rear shock. There's an shock swap setup with using a 99-02 R6 shock or a 07-08 R1 shock. The R1 is a better shock, but you have to grind the risers on your swingarm to allow clearance for the R1 shock. The R6 bolts up with some bushings and spacers, but it's harder and harder to find decent ones anymore. Most go with the R1 these days due to this problem with no R6 shocks worth the bother of using. You will want to run a spring on the shock for your weight as well. You can also go with aftermarket shocks like the Bitubo or K-Tech. The other ones out there either aren't great or have a downright dangerous design.

For the front end, you can swap out the springs, or go with full cartridges.

RaceTech sells springs and a threaded preload adjuster, which I carry, but it looks like you are in Georgia so you might need to either find a local distributor or you can send me an email at [email protected] and I can help you get sorted if you want to go that route / if there aren't any local distributors over in that part of the world of Eastern Europe / the Middle East.

BlackSyS

Country flag
The isn't really any way of doing anything with the stock suspension short of adding more preload with adjusting the stepped adjuster on the rear. That's your only input into the stock system. Most swap out the rear shock. There's an shock swap setup with using a 99-02 R6 shock or a 07-08 R1 shock. The R1 is a better shock, but you have to grind the risers on your swingarm to allow clearance for the R1 shock. The R6 bolts up with some bushings and spacers, but it's harder and harder to find decent ones anymore. Most go with the R1 these days due to this problem with no R6 shocks worth the bother of using. You will want to run a spring on the shock for your weight as well. You can also go with aftermarket shocks like the Bitubo or K-Tech. The other ones out there either aren't great or have a downright dangerous design.

For the front end, you can swap out the springs, or go with full cartridges.

RaceTech sells springs and a threaded preload adjuster, which I carry, but it looks like you are in Georgia so you might need to either find a local distributor or you can send me an email at [email protected] and I can help you get sorted if you want to go that route / if there aren't any local distributors over in that part of the world of Eastern Europe / the Middle East.
Thanks for clear expanation, I preciate!

I wounder why owners manual states factory default clicks and preload if stock suspentuon is non-adjastable.

I forgot to mention that my bike is KTM RC390 2019. I bought it from USA and it is in container on its way to Georgia.

Formula390

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
Thanks for clear expanation, I preciate!

I wounder why owners manual states factory default clicks and preload if stock suspentuon is non-adjastable.

I forgot to mention that my bike is KTM RC390 2019. I bought it from USA and it is in container on its way to Georgia.

My guess is that the "clicks" is the multiple steps for the rear shocks adjuster for preload. I believe it comes in the middle position from the factory. For the front, they aren't adjustable at all. The typical route is to go with heavier fork oil and straight rate springs.

You may be looking at the cup bike as well, instead of the street bike. That has fully adjustable suspension front and rear. I assumed you were asking about the street bike.

BlackSyS

Country flag
My guess is that the "clicks" is the multiple steps for the rear shocks adjuster for preload. I believe it comes in the middle position from the factory. For the front, they aren't adjustable at all. The typical route is to go with heavier fork oil and straight rate springs.

You may be looking at the cup bike as well, instead of the street bike. That has fully adjustable suspension front and rear. I assumed you were asking about the street bike.
Maybe the US models does not come with adjustable suspentions :(

Formula390

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
That looks like the section in the manual for the RC390R, which is a VERY different bike from the standard RC390. The 390R, like the cup bikes, has adjustable suspension.

BlackSyS

Country flag
That looks like the section in the manual for the RC390R, which is a VERY different bike from the standard RC390. The 390R, like the cup bikes, has adjustable suspension.
I found the reasone :(( only RC390 dedicated for US market does not have this options :(( rest of the worlds models have :((

Formula390

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
"those bikes"? As in a 07-08 R1? Who knows. Find one on eBay. That's the best way to go about getting one. Lots of options and (usually) good photos. In general, I look at the red rubber bottom out bumper on the chrome shaft. If it's in good shape, that (typically) means the shock is in good shape and a good candidate for the swap. If it's cracked, dry rotted, or just plain missing... find another candidate.