Stolen 6/14/16 - 2015 ktm rc390

Turkery

My bike was stolen the night of 6/14 at 10 PM, out of a private parking garage in The Domain in Austin, TX. The suspect was driving a mid 90's GMC or Chevy 1500, two-door, extended-cab, long-bed, two-tone paint in darker color, two-wheel drive, headache rack, cattle guard, and black steel wheels. Bike was stock aside from a tail tidy, less than 1000 miles on the bike. Keep an eye out! Thank you.

EnergyHOU

Luckily it's an easy bike to notice and a part out won't go unnoticed.

Best of luck with insurance company, keep us posted.

- Houston, TX

Formula390

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
Ugh!!! Sorry man! I'll certainly keep an eye out and if anyone contacts me about wanting to sell parts I'll let you and APD know ASAP. Given the small number of RC's in Austin, it shouldn't be difficult to spot one which is out of the ordinary. ...or a new RC racebike with an unknown lineage. Be sure to post on Austin Sport Riders on Facebook, let the folks at TJ's know, as well as a post up on Craigslist. Offer a reward (don't specify amount) for info leading to it's recovery and/or arrest of the thief.

Turkery

Appreciate the eyes! Idiot definitely didn't know what he was stealing, and how hard it will be to get any money out of this without getting nabbed. So far I have his full name, Jesus Soto-Castro, DOB, addresses, truck's plates, date of registration... All I am waiting for now is police action, but they are moving a bit too slow for me.

Formula390

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
Appreciate the eyes! Idiot definitely didn't know what he was stealing, and how hard it will be to get any money out of this without getting nabbed. So far I have his full name, Jesus Soto-Castro, DOB, addresses, truck's plates, date of registration... All I am waiting for now is police action, but they are moving a bit too slow for me.

WOW!!! Security footage caught it all I take it then. If you've got the address... I'm surprised your not there pounding on the front door with a baseball bat yourself! Where in Austin is Jesus? Maybe a call for local RC owners to converge and retake. :) There's at least 4 other RC owners here in town, and a bunch of the guys on the Facebook page are FREQUENTLY volunteering to help take care of bike thieves!!! This is the first time I've heard tho that all the info is had on where it went (most likely)... all assuming the truck wasn't ALSO stolen so Jesus is just as much a victim in all this. :(

PassionOTChrist_251Pyxurz.jpg

Turkery

Finally received a call from the detective today, they are going after Jesus and I will hear back hopefully shortly. I actually got his address from him, and he confessed to doing it over the phone - to me. If the cops cant do anything for me, do I have any volunteers? Which facebook page do you speak of? Sounds like I need to be a member! Jesus is out in Coupland, I drove out to his place and it is a slum of hiding spots in the middle of nowhere.

Formula390

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
Finally received a call from the detective today, they are going after Jesus and I will hear back hopefully shortly. I actually got his address from him, and he confessed to doing it over the phone - to me. If the cops cant do anything for me, do I have any volunteers? Which facebook page do you speak of? Sounds like I need to be a member! Jesus is out in Coupland, I drove out to his place and it is a slum of hiding spots in the middle of nowhere.

Wow Jesus sounds like a fine example of the human race. Idiot can't even manage a "I don't know what you're talking about" when confronted with stealing the bike... hopefully he still has it and hasn't managed to hurt it trying to figure out how to hotwire it or anything. {facepalm} There are 4 other RC owners here in Austin... did the detective give any sort of idea how long "shortly" might be? Now that Jesus knows he's been found, I would doubt he'd just leave the bike there waiting for the cops to show up and throw him in cuffs...

The Austin Sport Riders page is secret page / you need to know someone who's a member to invite you in. The page is https://www.facebook.com/groups/austinsportbikeriders/ tho. The easiest way to get invited to the group is to go to one of the rides or meets. Those are also coordinated on the meetup page at: Austin Sportbike Riders (Austin, TX) - Meetup

Formula390

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
Any update on getting your ride back? Do we need to mount up a posse and go collect it ourselves???

Turkery

Any update on getting your ride back? Do we need to mount up a posse and go collect it ourselves???

BIKE HAS BEEN RECOVERED! Its in a bit of a trouble. Currently cant get it passed second gear. The battery is dead, so I need to locate a charger for that. I need a new ignition, front turn signals, right hand mirror, hand brake lever, foot brake lever, kickstand, I'm sure I am forgetting something.... But I have it!! Anyone with a garage some knowledge wanna help me out?! This is my first bike and I have no moto friends here yet.

Formula390

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
Just sent you a pm. Give me a call tomorrow. I'm happy to help and teach you what you need to know.

Glad you got it back.

Curious tho. Do you not have full insurance? Sounds like the bike needs to go to TJs for an insurance repair estimate.

Turkery

That's great news! kinda... Can you post any pictures?

He plastidipped it in black, originally thought he stripped the stickers so that was a nice surprise. I can upload some of the damaged side tomorrow. This was after cleaning up A LOT of blood. And before peeling the dip.

d75073993004b8b58489f108904cdb23.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Turkery

Just sent you a pm. Give me a call tomorrow. I'm happy to help and teach you what you need to know.

Glad you got it back.

Curious tho. Do you not have full insurance? Sounds like the bike needs to go to TJs for an insurance repair estimate.

I really appreciate it. I will give you a shout! I did not carrying full insurance. It raised my payment by a huge amount, which at the time seemed unnecessary. It's my first bike and my building has a very secure garage. But I couldn't access that part that night. It was parked in the nonsecure location for 18 hours before it was taken. I'm afraid taking it to TJ's will void my warranty as they know it's stolen. Luckily members have graciously offered to donate to the cause so my costs will be lowered, which I am ever grateful for. But I will be needing to give it a clean bill of health before I take off down the road. It didn't even have the break in service yet. I'm pretty sure he surpassed that. Ride it around enough to add leds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk