Strange Fuel Sensor Issue

Jeff_Neer

Country flag
Stopped for gas about a mile from home and accidentally overfilled my 22 RC 390....I know I know. Anyhow rode home and all was well. Had to head back to work for something so jumped on the bike this evening to go in. About 1/4 of a mile from home I get a warning that the fuel sensor has failed and the fuel gauge was flashing red and the warning light was on. After continuing on a little bit it switched over to telling me fuel was low and still flashed. As I continued to ride the fuel gauge slowly started to fill until it showed it was full again. I have my display set to show me the fuel range and that slowly started to go up from zero. When I got home from my round trip it had made it up to a range of 130 miles so it's about 1/2 way to where it should be. I'll see if it gets to the correct range as I ride tomorrow. Any ideas on what might have happened?? Granted, I'll be down at the dealer tomorrow so I will definitely ask but wondered if anyone here had any ideas...thanks.

Jeff_Neer

Country flag
I was at the dealer to get a cosmetic warranty issue taken care of. I didn't have time to wait for them to get it on the scanner but when talking to one of the lead techs he was confident that the issue came from overfilling. Everything has since normalized and I've had no other issue. They just told me to keep an eye on it and if it does it again we'll set up a service appointment to get it looked at. They also said "don't overfill it". :D