Summer riding jacket

dharmab

If you have the money to splurge, I love my Rukka Airider between 75F and 100F. Think you can grab it on clearance this winter, too. It sizes large and fits bigger guys. If you're fit or skinny, an AStars mesh jacket might be a better fit.

D

Deleted member 452

I also have a Rukka and don't wear it below 80 degrees because it flows that much air!

KBear

Country flag
Thank you guys for the input. I have an AlpineStar Andes jacket I wear while riding my 2015 Kawasaki KLR 650 but it's really too hot in the summer (even with the ventilation). I was looking at a Klim Induction jacket but it seems a bit bulky. I'll look into the Rukka Airider or an AStars mesh jacket you have mentioned for sure.

OldVet
- Leathers are bit too warm for me.

Kenneth

Last edited:

stevieboy

Country flag
If you can find a Joe Rocket Sonic jacket it works well for me. All leather and armor where you need it with the addition of zip off panels that hide ballistic mesh. You still have the leather and armor where you need it-shoulders, elbows but it vents like crazy. I never really feel comfortably safe in the all mesh jackets.

reenmachine

Country flag
I swear by my Alpinestars T-GP R Air mesh jacket. It's been through a few SoCal summers so far and flows well while still seeming very protective. I also wear a perforated leather GP-R and the perforation is surprisingly effective. If either ever wears out I'll probably replace it with the same.

cornerslider

I dress for the crash, full leather year round..

+1 on OldVet- I wear a perforated leather jacket year round. As long as you're moving, it breathes unbelievably well. I've worn it in afternoon sun, 98 degrees, with dew points in the upper seventies.... As long as I'm moving, it's great! I purchased a new one-piece track suit in September from the same manufacturer (Joe Rocket). Just like the jacket, it breathes on the track and I don't get hot until I stop moving.