1977logan

Hey guys I'm looking for a tank bag and rear bag for my new RC, does anyone have any suggestions of links? Thanks 1977logan

Edwardp33

Country flag
I have an SW Motech bag on order. I have ordered the tank ring for the Duke 390. I hope it is the same ring.

Fasteddy

Country flag
I have an SW Motech bag on order. I have ordered the tank ring for the Duke 390. I hope it is the same ring.

I just picked up the "PowerParts REAR BAG SMALL 10 - 30 L 61312978000" that was on back order, It is nice looking sits well on seat as far as size, but it is made to Velcro strap around rear seat of the bigger Duke series and does not work so well on the RC, I am contemplating other mounting methods...

Having just looked at a Duke 390 today and from the gas cap disscussions I am ready to go with Edwardp33's solution! I am sure the tank ring will work.

Fasteddy

commandodave

The "PowerParts REAR BAG SMALL 10 - 30 L 61312978000" fits better if you remove the pillion seat and run the straps under the frame. Then reinstall the seat. No big deal. The problem arises when you want to remove it quickly and take it with you if you do that.

My problem with the rear bag is that I am not as flexible as I used to be. The bag sits on top of the pillion seat, which is already quite a distance above the ground. Throwing a leg over the bag is quite a reach.

I am looking for a set of panniers (saddlebags to us 'Mericans). I searched the forum and came up with no results, just this thread. I have a set of GIVI Silver soft bags that I am trying to adapt to fit the RC390. The bags need some sort of support to keep them from moving inwards onto the rear wheel. I am fabricating a metal support that runs from the rear socket head bolt of the passenger peg mount to one of the bolts that hold the red side reflectors. I would like to use some 1/2" O.D. tubing with the ends flattened and drilled as a support. Well, I am going the cheap and dirty route as I have a thin 1-1/2" angle iron (most likely tin) in the garage that I can cut to size with a set of snips. This should support the bags and keep them from contact with the rear wheel. I should finish this up tomorrow (Thursday). I will post pictures of the support and the final mounting of the bags if the moderator allows.

Fasteddy

Country flag
I gave up on the rear bag for now, My thought was to find a take off rear pillion from somewhere ;^) and just mount the bag to the pan , then swap back and forth as needed. in the meantime I have ordered two of the $14.00 KTM fender mount toolbags to put somewhere, there at least big enough to hold some bungees etc...

micah360

The "PowerParts REAR BAG SMALL 10 - 30 L 61312978000" fits better if you remove the pillion seat and run the straps under the frame. Then reinstall the seat. No big deal. The problem arises when you want to remove it quickly and take it with you if you do that.

My problem with the rear bag is that I am not as flexible as I used to be. The bag sits on top of the pillion seat, which is already quite a distance above the ground. Throwing a leg over the bag is quite a reach.

I am looking for a set of panniers (saddlebags to us 'Mericans). I searched the forum and came up with no results, just this thread. I have a set of GIVI Silver soft bags that I am trying to adapt to fit the RC390. The bags need some sort of support to keep them from moving inwards onto the rear wheel. I am fabricating a metal support that runs from the rear socket head bolt of the passenger peg mount to one of the bolts that hold the red side reflectors. I would like to use some 1/2" O.D. tubing with the ends flattened and drilled as a support. Well, I am going the cheap and dirty route as I have a thin 1-1/2" angle iron (most likely tin) in the garage that I can cut to size with a set of snips. This should support the bags and keep them from contact with the rear wheel. I should finish this up tomorrow (Thursday). I will post pictures of the support and the final mounting of the bags if the moderator allows.

yeah... I can't wait to see these.

commandodave

I gave up on the rear bag for now, My thought was to find a take off rear pillion from somewhere ;^) and just mount the bag to the pan , then swap back and forth as needed. in the meantime I have ordered two of the $14.00 KTM fender mount toolbags to put somewhere, there at least big enough to hold some bungees etc...

Fender? Fender? We don't need no steekin' fenders!

flagstaff

Still no update i guess?

I already had a nice small Bag-Connections tank bag so I stopped at a dealer with a tracing of my gas cap mount to compare to the 390 Duke. The pattern is the same so I ordered the ring from Twisted Throttle. It was $48.95 shipping included. Since the Duke isn't a high volume bike they only stock one or two rings at any given time. They were on back order until mid-July but showed up right after I placed my order.

The screws that came with the ring will not fit and the directions seemed really off. I purchased different machine screws (longer than stock, but shorter than what they sent) and used the little provided spacer links in a different way than what was shown in the instructions. It came out perfectly.

20160703_045538.jpg

20160703_045556.jpg

medium800.jpg

20160703_045647.jpg

Attachments

• 20160703_045643.jpg
    20160703_045643.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 1,020

jgpncll

I ordered the same bag and tank ring yesterday and they should be delivered tomorrow. Where did you purchase your different machine screws and do you happen to know the length, thread pitch and type of screw that you purchased? I am trying to have all parts on hand when the packages arrive.

flagstaff

I'm lucky to have an Ace Hardware store in town that stocks, and more importantly keeps stocked, a huge inventory of fasteners. If you don't have access to a good hardware store you might have a fastener supply store. I found Wilder's Bolts and Nuts in Raleigh in a Google search. Another option is McMaster-Carr

The size I'm using is M5 25 mm long. Remember that when measuring a socket head cap screw you measure just the length of the bolt shaft. Do not include the head.

jgpncll

Thanks for the info. I ended up cutting 1/2 inch off of all of the included bolts. I now have some storage!

John390

ok, new to this. So, that bag that fits onto the top of the tank? and it has that large c-thing that fits it to the bag and the gas filler surround.

Looks great, and it probably will be absolutely ideal for my needs.

BUT, how do you take it off quickly when you want to go somewhere?

and can you leave it on the bike securely ?

or anything else I need to know