Tank Bags? Helmet Locks?

regular_guy

What kind of tank bags are people using on this bike? I've been meaning to order one, but I'm not sure if the magnetic ones will stick to the tank. Isn't that part plastic?

Also helmet locks. I read in another thread that someone was told be a dealer that it would lock to a tab under the seat or something, but I'm not seeing that. Any suggestions on an aftermarket one? It'd just be nice to not have to carry that helmet around with me when parking the bike, and every other bike I've ever had already came with one.

Thoughts?

rick

Yeah, plastic tank cover is probably gonna eliminate the magnetic tank bag option.
The cleanest after-market helmet lock solution I've seen for the RC390 is from Sato Racing for $68:

Last edited:

Fasteddy

Country flag
I used an old take off from one of my old GPz 750's I had laying in the parts box, I also had some Yamaha ones that look identical to the on above but the Kaw one had a perfect mounting bracket already attached. I would maybe check out the local bike salvage yard / ebay...

IMG_0770.JPG

psych0hans

Country flag
What kind of tank bags are people using on this bike? I've been meaning to order one, but I'm not sure if the magnetic ones will stick to the tank. Isn't that part plastic?

Also helmet locks. I read in another thread that someone was told be a dealer that it would lock to a tab under the seat or something, but I'm not seeing that. Any suggestions on an aftermarket one? It'd just be nice to not have to carry that helmet around with me when parking the bike, and every other bike I've ever had already came with one.

Thoughts?

You will need a tank lock bag, which puts a ring around the gas cap and the tank bag kind of locks to it.