Texas Tracks

MagicEightBall

Country flag
I know the obvious ones - MSR Cresson & Houston, COTA, but are there any off the wall tracks to go ride? Kinda jealous of all the CA kart tracks I see on YouTube. I'm going to need a lot of track time to get anywhere near decent and don't want to drop the membership cost to just practice at one track.

ReidMcT

Premium Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Country flag
Harris Hill Raceway in San Marcos. It is closed for repaving right now, but normally has about 6 motorcycle days per month. They don't do sessions; instead, everyone gets to ride all day. I like it a lot.

http://www.harrishillroad.com/h2r-motorcycle-membership.php

I'm not sure I quite follow your reasoning: You want a lot of track time, but you don't want to buy a membership. It costs less per day with a membership. Also, Harris Hill's price structure is lower than other tracks.

Oh, and if you decide to make it a regular thing, I have a clean garage there with a couple spaces available for $50 per month.

MagicEightBall

Country flag
This is exactly what I was looking for. Any idea when is reopening?

My reasoning was mostly based around MSR Cresson. Bigger initiation fee and monthly dues and you have to pay per half hour you ride. Just seemed very restrictive for how much you're paying.