The Journey... has just started

RedWinter

Still new to bikes and new to track riding but decided that what I wanted to do in 2018. So......
Picked up that 2016 RC390 from our favorite St Louis dealer on super clearance, twas comically dusty.

IMG_20171209_173640068.jpg

Then spent the winter tearing it apart and slapping the good stuff on it. Many thanks, mostly to green_bread but many others. And yes, been putting folks' stickers on there and still have a few to get put it. Seems like it takes a village to raise a new born track bike.

Here it is:

IMG_20180408_162329826.jpg

Massive list of changes obviously but all the ones necessary to race. Safety wired, lap timer-ed, exhausted, bitubo suspension, k-spec shock,Tyga body work, friend did the paint, put on braided orange lines, etc, etc, etc, etc. Next year, if I keep it and like it I'll get clip ons and triple clamp and the Modular Fairing Stay...etc.

Going out to it's first track day next week. Going to be interesting.

isaac_

What did you get for front suspension? If you haven’t, I suggest you get on it. The stock is like being a pogo stick. Andreanni or GP suspension.

Also, the bike will grow on you. It will take time though. Don’t get frustrated. It’s a single so it’s got quite a different character than similar twins.

And stock up on blue locktite. It will want to rattle itself apart. Go through every bolt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RedWinter

What did you get for front suspension? If you haven’t, I suggest you get on it. The stock is like being a pogo stick. Andreanni or GP suspension.

Also, the bike will grow on you. It will take time though. Don’t get frustrated. It’s a single so it’s got quite a different character than similar twins.

And stock up on blue locktite. It will want to rattle itself apart. Go through every bolt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks. Two tubes of blue and one of red. Already lost a a bolt here and there. Have bags of bolts now the conversion to track duty is done. The front suspension are Bitubo cartridge kits. On my shakedown run around the neighborhoods I noticed my lap timer wasn't tracking my RPM quite right :-(

Going to need to do a once-over bolt check before the weekend.

isaac_

Thanks. Two tubes of blue and one of red. Already lost a a bolt here and there. Have bags of bolts now the conversion to track duty is done. The front suspension are Bitubo cartridge kits. On my shakedown run around the neighborhoods I noticed my lap timer wasn't tracking my RPM quite right :-(

Going to need to do a once-over bolt check before the weekend.

If this is a track bike forget RPMs and Speedo. Both are nice to haves but a complete distraction at first. You don’t need to be looking at that information.

Chuditch

How do you like the bitubo carts? I think they are a huge improvement over stock, especially for a heavier rider.

m3hl

Country flag
Dumb random question: did you have to remove the tank to fit the seat? I am having trouble fitting mine. Bike looks sweet though!

green_bread

Country flag
Many thanks, mostly to green_bread but many others.

Hey man, YOU did all of the work and you did a great job! All I did was answer a question here and there and provide a little guidance. Ive been very impressed with how well and quickly youve knocked everything out! This weekend is going to be awesome! Hope youre ready to be exhausted by Sunday afternoon! :D

If this is a track bike forget RPMs and Speedo. Both are nice to haves but a complete distraction at first. You don’t need to be looking at that information.

Exactly. Ive been telling him this, as well. Haha. Its good to have the RPMs hooked up and reading correctly with the XT Racing GPX, though. You can program a shift light so you can see it in your peripheral, rather than staring down at the tach.

to fit the tyga seat you shouldn't have to remove the tank.

Agreed. I thought the most difficult part was getting the tail over the rear part of the frame. Never had any issues with anything around the tank. What issues are you having m3hl?

m3hl

Country flag
Agreed. I thought the most difficult part was getting the tail over the rear part of the frame. Never had any issues with anything around the tank. What issues are you having m3hl?

Ill try again, I just cant get the angles right.to get it on. I can keep trying and maybe ill have to bend the seat a little. Probably me just being dumb.

isaac_

Ill try again, I just cant get the angles right.to get it on. I can keep trying and maybe ill have to bend the seat a little. Probably me just being dumb.

Did you take the two small panels from underneath the seat off. Sounds silly but just checking.

green_bread

Country flag
Oh, it doesn't have the 2 little removable pieces underneath? Yeah, I could see that being a bear too deal with if it covers as much as the Tyga unit does with those panels fitted