cjwell

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
F1Tod, the noise level is perfectly acceptable I don't think neighbors will raise an eye. Listen to clip above. Sounds like the bike "should" now.

Tecknojoe, I'm sure the new system definitely could help on the heat situation.

Bahawton, I didn't spend much time on the mapping. Just got it close enough for 'oranges to oranges' comparison so fueling was in the ballpark for dyno data. I haven't had any ping with thin gaskets or even kit stuff. Double check your fueling on a dyno and see what it looks like. The difference between 12.5 and 13:1 will not cause or have an affect on detonation though.

Silvrsled, All runs old and new system have the dB killer installed.

D

Deleted member 452

Thanks Chad. I'm running around 13:1 AFR according to the WB2 readings with pinging but I'm also fat (185lbs) and we have a lot of mountains in Washington. I'll see if 12.5:1 makes a difference and will create maps for each gear so I can reduce timing by a degree in 5th & 6th gear for the TPS/RPM where the pinging occurs if I still experience detonation.

cjwell

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
Thanks Chad. I'm running around 13:1 AFR according to the WB2 readings with pinging but I'm also fat (185lbs) and we have a lot of mountains in Washington. I'll see if 12.5:1 makes a difference and will create maps for each gear so I can reduce timing by a degree in 5th & 6th gear for the TPS/RPM where the pinging occurs if I still experience detonation.

Let me know how you make out. PM if needed or call.

F1Tod

Hi Chad,
Now that you have had this open exhaust for a few months, what are you finding out about it? I like the fact that you are using this new open system with the db in. I have a feeling I would have to keep it to in.
Thank you,
Tod

cjwell

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
Hi Chad,
Now that you have had this open exhaust for a few months, what are you finding out about it? I like the fact that you are using this new open system with the db in. I have a feeling I would have to keep it to in.
Thank you,
Tod

It's stellar! More front side gains, with some added peak too. Best system out there especially for the price.

shift_love

Country flag
i hate to be "that guy" reviving an old thread, and asking a question thats probably been covered, but sometimes hours upon hours of research nets nothing, but perhaps gets you close

does anyone know what kind of power this new catless akra exhaust is putting out with just the akra reflash? or is a pcv and wb2 a definite must have?
id really rather just have my bike reflashed by the dealer if at all possible, im not really looking for much in gains, but i do want to drop the weight from the exhaust, and i dont want it to sound like a sewing machine anymore.

so, akra catless exhaust+dealer reflash=?

is there a specific reflash i need to ask for? the cat version vs. the catless?

Last edited:

Muckabucka

Country flag
Chad can probably answer better than me. I no longer have a stock bike, so con't know exactly. I don't think it helps so much with top end, but does increase the midrange quite a bit. It sounds like a monster too!!!

i hate to be "that guy" reviving an old thread, and asking a question thats probably been covered, but sometimes hours upon hours of research nets nothing, but perhaps gets you close

does anyone know what kind of power this new catless akra exhaust is putting out with just the akra reflash? or is a pcv and wb2 a definite must have?
id really rather just have my bike reflashed by the dealer if at all possible, im not really looking for much in gains, but i do want to drop the weight from the exhaust, and i dont want it to sound like a sewing machine anymore.

LukaSzynka

Hello guys.
Have same question, but cant find any answer :/ even local dealer wont provide this info ;) Is Akra map on stock PCU will do with this exhaust? I would rather keep 500$ for fuel not PCV ;)
sewing machine vs air compressor ... hahahahaha :p

cjwell

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
Hello guys.
Have same question, but cant find any answer :/ even local dealer wont provide this info ;) Is Akra map on stock PCU will do with this exhaust? I would rather keep 500$ for fuel not PCV ;)
sewing machine vs air compressor ... hahahahaha :p

There is a KTM map for the open exhaust. If you want it to really run properly and be able to do the lid mod (which makes the most gains) you need to install a PCV. You could do just the exhaust system, but there will be hardly any gains, WITHOUT the filter, lid mod and PCV.

LukaSzynka

There is a KTM map for the open exhaust. If you want it to really run properly and be able to do the lid mod (which makes the most gains) you need to install a PCV. You could do just the exhaust system, but there will be hardly any gains, WITHOUT the filter, lid mod and PCV.

Thanks for reply!
Its clear now. I assume that no one ever bother to check on dyno how it work with slip on+Akra map.
Looks like I need to or wait, for bigger cash flow in, or make it step by step.
Ps. Cant find on Your shop, are you selling all in one set? Slip on, K&N, PCV + map?

cheers

cjwell

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
Thanks for reply!
Its clear now. I assume that no one ever bother to check on dyno how it work with slip on+Akra map.
Looks like I need to or wait, for bigger cash flow in, or make it step by step.
Ps. Cant find on Your shop, are you selling all in one set? Slip on, K&N, PCV + map?

cheers

It works on ok on dyno with just exh and map but doesn't really gain anything over stock... I do not sell as a kit. You can find all the items on our store site though below. The map will be loaded into your PCV before shipping. You can PM me with questions if needed.

KTM Store :: KTM Street Powerparts :: RC390