Thunder hill west worth going to?

I was thinking about doing a track day weekend at thunder hill west.
It's about an 860 mile trip for me one way, and will probably require using a couple of vacation days.
I know it's supposed to be one of if not the best tracks in the country.
Having never been there though, I don't know how east compares to west compares to full course.
Is going just for the west course worth all the effort and cost, will it be fun on the RC?

Thanks,
Mike

othebe

Country flag
I love West! But disclaimer: I've done it on 600's and 1000's but never on my RC. That being said, I've heard nothing but good things about trying West on a lightweight. Compared to East, turns are going to come at you one after the other, and the tighter nature of the course will probably play in your favor. They sometimes run a reverse configuration, and sometimes also run a bypass that removes some corners, both of which I personally don't prefer. What dates are you planning?

PS: I also HIGHLY recommend East if you can :)

Thanks for the info.
I'm thinking May 18th and 19th.
They are doing CCW all 10 turns Saturday, and CW 7 turns Sunday, so I guess that's using the cutoff.
They're doing East in June and including monday, so I may consider that, but I have races the weekend before, about 6 hours away in the other direction, that's a lot of driving.

I'm looking at Carter's track days, does anyone else do both days of a weekend at Thunderhill?

I love West! But disclaimer: I've done it on 600's and 1000's but never on my RC. That being said, I've heard nothing but good things about trying West on a lightweight. Compared to East, turns are going to come at you one after the other, and the tighter nature of the course will probably play in your favor. They sometimes run a reverse configuration, and sometimes also run a bypass that removes some corners, both of which I personally don't prefer. What dates are you planning?

PS: I also HIGHLY recommend East if you can :)

othebe

Country flag
Great, we will probably also be there that weekend. You're welcome to pit with us!

Not sure about the others, but there's a bunch of folks (me included) that usually do the whole weekend.

Awesome, I'll let you know once plans are finalized.

Great, we will probably also be there that weekend. You're welcome to pit with us!

Not sure about the others, but there's a bunch of folks (me included) that usually do the whole weekend.