Time for new rubber!

First tire change!

Getting some Michelin pilot power 2ct tires.
35c02e766979506472d0a9d688d33a3f.jpg

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

John390

cool! hey, what headstand pin size(or other relevant info) do you need for the front?

I want to get a set of stands, but I am not sure what I need.

ReidMcT

Premium Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Country flag
I just got a Pit-Bull with their #17 pin. Worked beautifully right out of the box.

Note that picture above is a fork stand, not a head stand. OK for removing the wheel, but not the forks.

Last edited:
Honestly I just bought the trackside stands at cycle gear because they had a bogo deal where if you bought the rear stand they gave you the front one for free. But I didn't even think about any of those details when I bought it and it works just fine

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

acruhl

Country flag
I just want to respond to the pit bull pin stand post. It doesn't work beautifully. Not on a 2020 anyway. It barely fits between the fender and headlight, the stand is rubbing against the fender the whole time. I loosened the fender and it didn't help much. And the pin only went in about 1/4". I love pit bull stands but the front pin stand or the normal front stand with the 2 rubber covered pins don't work for this bike. If someone says they work on an earlier bike this might be true. But not recommended for a 2020 at all. They really shouldn't even advertise them. If someone wants to correct me to say I'm doing it wrong, please do. I have years of experience with these stands though.

ReidMcT

Premium Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Country flag
I won't say you're doing it wrong, since I don't know if the 2020 models are different. I will share things I've seen cause trouble on earlier year models:
1. If the forks have been moved up in the triple clamp or the springs are sagging, since both reduce the fender clearance
2. If the (unneeded) set screw is left in the pin, it will prevent the pin sliding in very far.
3. If the tube is malformed or has welding debris

FWIW

acruhl

Country flag
I stand corrected. Taking out the set screw was the difference between success and failure. Thank you.

What I said about the pit bull forklift stand remains though. It won't work with this bike without some modification. The pin stand seems to be the way to go.

acruhl

Country flag
More info. I ordered a #17 pin for my 15 year old forklift Pit Bull stand and it won't work without rubbing the bottom of the headlight. My friends new Pit Bull pin stand (the one I tried first) can do it but the clearance is really tight. He said he could get it to work on his bike less than half the time without rubbing the headlight.

I love Pit Bull stands but I think people should get something else for this bike.