Top speed and revs

patriotk11

Country flag
Hi
I feel these little one cylinders need more revs as they limit out about 10500 or at least mine does.

How quick have you had yours go. I will assume all speeds were done on track or private land.

On the flat mine is good for 107mph and 109 down hill but hits the rev limiter lol

Karfanatik

Country flag
Prior to rev increase and map swap, I was maxing at 171kph with a 15/45 set up. I swapped to a 15/43 set up and now hit 174 but with some rpm in hand. It would not go faster though on flat ground. I swapped maps but have yet to do another top speed run

patriotk11

Country flag
Prior to rev increase and map swap, I was maxing at 171kph with a 15/45 set up. I swapped to a 15/43 set up and now hit 174 but with some rpm in hand. It would not go faster though on flat ground. I swapped maps but have yet to do another top speed run
Do you feel it needs longer in each year?

Karfanatik

Country flag
Do you feel it needs longer in each year?
Doesn't feel like it takes much longer in each gear until you get into the top end of the speeds. In town the 43t rear feels better but its so close that. I still need to test out the new map and go for another attempt. If my bike truly cant climb about 174, I will get a 44t sprocket and see what happens.

Edit. I failed to mention my rear tire is a 160/60 along with 43t rear. Original 45t still had original size tires as well. New tire is slightly taller

Last edited:

patriotk11

Country flag
Mine has an updated rear sprocket, I'll have to look how many teeth it has. Mine seems to have been modified, with the power commander 5.
Wonder if there is a gear up kit.

What size is the standard tyre size as I'll compare mine. I'm running Michelin but I've definitely had better tyres on my other bikes.

Karfanatik

Country flag
Alright. With my bigger tires, I swapped back to a 45t sprocket and increased rev limit to 11000rpm. New max speed is 177kph with a few rpm in hand. Wouldn't go faster on flat ground with a nasty side wind. My sweater acting like a parachute couldnt have been helpful. For the record, I'm 6 foot 2 in and about 175lbs.

patriotk11

Country flag
I'll have a play with it thank you, I'll let you know how I get on

You almost hit the 110 mph which is good going I'm 5ft 10 and about 12 stone