Matt@TYGA

Supporting Vendor
Top Clamp Assy2.JPG

Coming soon. RC390 top triple clamp and handle bars. All specifically designed for the RC390.

The whole assembly is lighter than the standard setup, and with the bars being seperate from the top clamp, there's no worry about breaking the top clamp during a crash, which is going to happen on the standard parts.

The bars are angled at 6 degree (stock = 0 degree), and lower. One issue I had during track testing was the bars being too high and flat. This will solve that little problem.

Due to the design, we'll also provide a top bolt which is lighter, and slightly longer than stock.

The Keyholder will hold the switch in the stock position, so that the steering lock can still be used. However, this will be removable for racing, so losing weight further and cleaning up the view.

Feel free to let me know what you think, and if you have ideas for other parts don't be shy....let me know.

Cheers,

Matt.

Matt@TYGA

Supporting Vendor
Hi Guys,

The picture is a Solidworks rendering, so the top clamp doesn't actually exist yet!

The handle bar clamps have been tested (for fit), as I had a set 3D printed to check clearances etc. We'll need to add a steering stopper as when I found a good position the switch gear was just touching the tank cover, so with a 4-5mm stopper that'll be cured and won't lose much in the way of lock. In fact, if I was to race one I'd be looking to limit the steering lock anyway.

The handle angle as is (6 degrees) is pretty comfy, and in my opinion, definitely better for a track attack than the stock bar position, which feels a little high and flat. Any steeper and they'd not only start to have issues with the bodywork, but they may become a little tedious for road users.

Price wise, the top clamp will be similarly priced to our RVF top clamp. But we'll offer it either with, or without the key holder, so that the racers among you who only want the bike for the track will save a little cash. The longer bolt will be included with the top triple as it's a requirement, rather than an option.

The handlebars will be around the same price as our 50mm handlebars (TYLY-0078).

Not sure whether to make a bottom triple yet or not. Let's wait and see what the demand is. However, I'm pretty sure that we'll offer a replacement aluminium steering stem at some point, as although I haven't weighed it yet, I bet it'd make a good boat anchor!

Anyway, that's all for now......

Cheers,

Matt.

Matt@TYGA

Supporting Vendor
Oh, and one more thing, I'm having a bit of a chat with another member here, and we're considering making the top clamp 100% compatible with his steering damper kit. I guess that you know who I'm talking about :)

Cheers,

Matt.

Formula390

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
Oh, and one more thing, I'm having a bit of a chat with another member here, and we're considering making the top clamp 100% compatible with his steering damper kit. I guess that you know who I'm talking about :)

Cheers,

Matt.
(Whistles softly while drumming fingers together) LOL

Although I purchased a top triple clamp from another manufacturer with a ignition holder and true clamp on bars all I can say is it has made a huge improvement to the ride position and feel of the bike - I did have to also slightly space the turning stop but worked out fine- This is one mod that changes the RC 390 big time it now feels like a real ride / race potion rather than the standard flat bars - Well done to the likes of Tyga and the company that I purchased mine from - although the advantage with the Tyga model is Formula 390 's damper unit will bolt on .

I do have the Tyga rear sets and can also highly recommend this item also

owspeed

Country flag
Count me as one interested!

William
Santa Cruz

[Q

UOTE=Matt@TYGA;9252]View attachment 1495

Coming soon. RC390 top triple clamp and handle bars. All specifically designed for the RC390.

The whole assembly is lighter than the standard setup, and with the bars being seperate from the top clamp, there's no worry about breaking the top clamp during a crash, which is going to happen on the standard parts.

The bars are angled at 6 degree (stock = 0 degree), and lower. One issue I had during track testing was the bars being too high and flat. This will solve that little problem.

Due to the design, we'll also provide a top bolt which is lighter, and slightly longer than stock.

The Keyholder will hold the switch in the stock position, so that the steering lock can still be used. However, this will be removable for racing, so losing weight further and cleaning up the view.

Feel free to let me know what you think, and if you have ideas for other parts don't be shy....let me know.

Cheers,

Matt.[/QUOTE]

Formula390

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
How much?
Not that this would be an official answer, and as stated the price is still tbd. As a ROUGH initial estimate tho it was stated to likely be similar in costs to the RVF upper triple. That's in the $155-ish realm.
Tyga Performance - Top Triple Clamp, CNC Black, RVF400 - Other Products

You'd need the clipons too, so that's another $50-70-ish.

The damper kit addition would be more too, but an optional component... Just like the ignition bracket would also be.

Final pricing of course would obviously be subject to tooling and material costs, but that's likely a good starting point for a rough ballpark. If Tyga does the lower triple and steering stem, that would likely then be another few hundred, if one was to use for comparison, the same type and style of RVF parts.