Tyga Header fitting issues

FDRider

Country flag
Has any ran into a very tight fitting tyga header on a 17’. The O2 sensor has clearance issues with the exhaust stud and I can’t get the nut on. If I install the header first I can’t get the O2 sensor threaded because it hits.
Anyone seen this or have any suggestions?
Thanks

Formula390

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
Only issues have been from people not wiggling and twisting enough to get the pipe to squeeze between the frame and motor. Never had an issue with being unable to fit the O2 sensor tho.

Please post some photos to assist with troubleshooting your fitment.

ia02

Country flag
Has any ran into a very tight fitting tyga header on a 17’. The O2 sensor has clearance issues with the exhaust stud and I can’t get the nut on. If I install the header first I can’t get the O2 sensor threaded because it hits.
Anyone seen this or have any suggestions?
Thanks

Yes, I had to grind the corner of the flange to create enough clearance for the O2 sensor to not hit. the O2 sensor did not hit the stud itself though.

Matt, this is on the header you just sent me. Maybe the jig is off a bit?

Formula390

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
Yes, I had to grind the corner of the flange to create enough clearance for the O2 sensor to not hit. the O2 sensor did not hit the stud itself though.

Matt, this is on the header you just sent me. Maybe the jig is off a bit?

Two different issues. There was also a welder at the factory who wasn't using the jig who is... well... no longer a welder at Tyga. The one with the bung not lined up with the hole has been resolved with a pin which is insert through the hole and the bung to locate it perfectly prior to welding. The issue with the other header appears to possibly be the hole having been made in the wrong location. The issue has been escalated and it looks like this header may have been made by the ex-welder. All the parts he made were inspected at the factory, but because I maintain inventory here and order large quantities it was possible that I had some pieces which were shipped to me prior to the issue(s) being discovered. I don't have the jig so don't have a means of verifying everything is perfect. I've got replacement parts headed for some serpent sections of the undertail exhausts, but the header was a newly discovered issue. Problems like this are exceptionally rare, but the chance is there with hand made parts. I'm in the process of trying to QC the parts I have on hand to try and confirm everything is correct. It LOOKS like the stock I have on hand at this point is OK, but still trying to verify further.