Tyga header length

avs

Country flag
How does the tyge header length compare to the stock ktm header? Is it possibly slightly longer?

I have a '15 with akra exhaust with both midpipes. The bike came with the catted midpipe attached on the front face of the frame tab with nearly max overlap on the header.

The open midpipe 'instructions' shows it attaching to the rear face of the frame tab, but the header is about 1/2" too short. i can almost make it fit together nicely on the front side.

Would the tyga header have any more length compared to the stock '15 pipe? i understand there are changes in the exhaust between model years but i haven't been able to find out what those specific differences are. thanks for any help, Tony

Formula390

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
The Tyga header is the same length as the stock one for the 14-16 model years. The advantage is a constant diameter so that it doesn't have the huge dent in it Ramesh added with a handy rock to get past the frame. In 17, KTM changed the header and added a mid-pipe with the CAT, and the side exit exhaust. The Tyga header is not compatible with the 17+ model years as a header replacement part for part, as in, you can't take your 17+ model year header off and put the Tyga one on. Using the Tyga header allows any model year RC to run a 14-16 exhaust, be it the Tyga undertail, or any other slip-on intended for the 14-16 model years... aka the 15 exhausts...

avs

Country flag
OK, thanks. So it should not make the fit any better or worse, along with a power increase.

Formula390

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
OK, thanks. So it should not make the fit any better or worse, along with a power increase.

Correct. Fitmet should be the same between the stock 15 header and the Tyga header. Now... with that said, there's a caveat in that I saw your post asking about the Akrapovic open system here: and I can't say 100% if the header you have in hand would be EXACTLY lined up with where your 15 header is currently hitting. I -=SHOULD=- be exactly the same. I continue to be amazed sometimes by some of the oddball **** that comes out of the Bajaj factory there in India. I've seen holes drilled and tapped in the wrong place and at screwy angles. I've seen taps broken off in the frame and swingarm. I've seen holes that are threaded with the wrong thread pitch. I've seen stock exhausts with weld failures and holes in the welds I could stick my thumb through. So, is your header to 'exact factory standard" or not, I can't say. I know that the Tyga jig forces the weldment to be in the correct location and at the correct angles. I can't speak to the Bajaj factory however. So, with all that said, it SHOULD fit no problem. This is presuming you are replacing a 15 header with the Tyga header, and aren't trying to mix and match 15 exhaust parts with 17 exhaust parts. That, yeah, that won't work at all without some seriously hacked up shenanigans. Exhaust length is very Very VERY important with this little motor. Get it wrong, and it WILL cost you power. As much as 10% {cough} {werkes} {cough} or more.