Bamfoo

Is it compatible with the 2016’s stock cat/muffler assembly?

Edit - it does indeed work with a stock muffler.

Last edited:

Formula390

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
Man, I was wondering why I got a huge surge of orders on headers... LOL Luckily I had ordered a resupply already. I currently I have 2 left in inventory until the next shipment arrives. Not sure how long they will last.

spoolnaround

Country flag
So between header and slip on both how much gain are you seeing? How much does just the header alone change exhaust tone? With the header alone did you do a decibel test? I like the fact of removing the cat and everyone seems to say it has the biggest muffle effect. I am looking for a power gain, yet quiet but not silent exhaust as it is stock ( I am not a loud obnoxious exhaust guy).

Formula390

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
Header may contribute to "throaty" tone some, but you shouldn't notice a discernible increase in noise level from the header alone.

Each slip-on system is going to have a different impact on power. Some decrease power, some do nothing at all power wise, and some increase power. A lot of it also has to do with the tune of the ECU map and Power Commander. Some increase noise levels to the pain threashold, others are louder. the question is too generic for a specific statement of exhaust impact on power tho.

Removing the CAT is going to do a lot more for you with keeping the heat out of your shock. THAT is the primary benefit of getting it out of there. And weight reduction.

neonmarine

So, the Akra pipe is the best you've seen with this header? How's the Yosh race system work (if you've happened to try it)?

Tom

Im honestly pretty surprised that no one is offering these with swaintech or a similar thermal coating. The header design on these bikes puts it right next to the coolant hose for the motor. I can only imagine how much a good insulation on the header, as well as that bit of coolant hose, would lower the engine operating temps.

Formula390

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
Can anyone confirm if this fits to the 2018 stock exhaust?

It will not. The header was originally designed for compatibility with the 15-16 exhaust and while we were at it, the header was done with a constant diameter so we no longer had the "bashed with a rock to clear the frame" dent in the stock header. The header will work on 18 bikes, but you need to then use a 15-16 style exhaust. You don't have to use the Tyga exhaust system to use it. There are folks running the Tyga Header with an Akra, Arrow, and Yosh exhausts. I've had two customers who are running the Tyga header with the KTM stock 15 exhausts as well. You can't swap the 17-18 header with the Tyga one and retain the rest of the exhaust however.

Lukestoke

Here is quick dyno pull to show how much power you can pull out of Matt's awesome Tyga header! I highly recommend these with the Akrapovic "open" system for even better gains. Using both together allows fitment on the 2017-2018 bikes!
Tyga RC 390 header pipe
https://ibb.co/g0nM7J
View attachment 4818
View attachment 4819

Hi how did you get the 2017 rc header pipe off it doesn’t fit between the motor and frame when I try to pull it out can anyone help me with this thanks