Tyga rear-sets or "steps" KTM powerparts rear sets

mcsahib

FYI the Panigale rearsets are radial mounted, while a GSXR rearsets are just plain old flat mounted. Do you ve any idea how much more works to machine the radial mounted bracket compare to a flat mounted?

DCMoney

Country flag
In case anyone was having difficulties removing the shifter might want to put a little heat to it. Think they dropped this bolt into the bucket of red lock tight...

So we ran the Tyga rear sets this weekend at race pace testing suspension tweaks. Here is my take:

The mounting bracket does flex/twist a fair amount by hand. I'd like to see the long silver bracket have less machining for weight/aesthetics which might reduce the flex. While riding we didn't really notice it and maybe the flex will give it a relief area in a crash to save the swing arm brackets? The carbon heel guards are pretty much worthless. They look nice, but they are too small, too flexible, and ill placed to support you heel and boot. We needed to be a bit extra careful when fully hanging off to get good support. I set them up as high as they'd go and as far forward as possible. Seemed to be a good position for the team. These would be nice for a track day program.

I would still like to see something from Woodcraft or Vortex soon for serious season long racing programs.

Wicked Chicken

Not impressed with the KTM P.P. rear-sets. If I'd known that B.S. threaded bushing got ran through a powder coated part ahead of time, i'd have looked for a different design. Fine Threads and Powder Coat DON'T MIX STOOPID! Who has a TAP that size or a "spanner" socket like that JUST laying around their shed anyway? I'd spring for those Sato's to avoid that Machinist's abortion again!

DCMoney

Country flag
Double check/add some loctite to the peg bolts, both of mine are loose after a weekend of riding. A few more sessions and I think I would have lost the right peg.

ryandalling

Not impressed with the KTM P.P. rear-sets. If I'd known that B.S. threaded bushing got ran through a powder coated part ahead of time, i'd have looked for a different design. Fine Threads and Powder Coat DON'T MIX STOOPID! Who has a TAP that size or a "spanner" socket like that JUST laying around their shed anyway? I'd spring for those Sato's to avoid that Machinist's abortion again!

I bought one. The spacers spin like tops on the threads now. Friggin $60 TAP. lol