Tyga rear sets

Rocketracer11

If anyone was still waiting for rearsets I just saw tyga has 3 more sets available on their website. About $300 shipped... just FYI

emeglasson

It looks like they are back in stock again. When I bought mine, it said I got the last ones. I checked a while later and the site said 'out of stock'. Now they are noted as back in stock. I think they are probably making them as fast as they can. The bang for the buck is pretty outstanding.

Treachery

Country flag
ToraTora FTW for the link and the pic!!!

Now, I may curse your hide if I don't resist these. :rolleyes:

Who has actually installed them? How do you go about stabilizing the bike as you pull the axle? Any risk to the swingarm bearings when you do so? Issues with the torque/bearing tension on reinstall?

micahpearlman

ToraTora FTW for the link and the pic!!!

Now, I may curse your hide if I don't resist these. :rolleyes:

Who has actually installed them? How do you go about stabilizing the bike as you pull the axle? Any risk to the swingarm bearings when you do so? Issues with the torque/bearing tension on reinstall?

Take off the rear wheel and shock and hold the bike up by a stand under the engine otherwise it will be a PITA to get back in. Some also suggested putting a substitute rod in to keep it all together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SPG

I left everything hooked up, supported the bottom of the exhaust/engine until the load on the rear stand almost goes away, and pushed the swingarm bolt out with a 3/8 socket extension. This held the swingarm in place while removing the old right side mounting plate and installing the new one. Left side is easy and no bolt removal needed. Truly not a big deal.
-Sean

Matt@TYGA

Supporting Vendor
Hi Guys,

Matt from TYGA Performance here. Hope you don't mind me jumping in.

It seems that there's a few questions that people have about our KTM RC390 step kit. And I'm guessing that the main focus is the fact that the swingarm axle must be removed, which could of course lead to the bike being in a big heap on the floor!

Fear not though, it's not as difficult as it sounds or looks. I have just finished writing the rather long winded "fitting Instructions". We have some pictures too, to go with the text but as yet they're still all on Paul's camera.

Once the pictures are all put in the relative places in the fitting instructions, Paul will be emailing that out to the customers that have already purchased them, and he'll also post it up on the TYGA website for everyone to see.

If it's of interest, I can post up the instructions here (minus pictures) for all to see.

Also, if anyone that has already purchased and fitted the steps has any comments, then please don't hesitate to get in touch and let us know how you get on with them.

As with all TYGA steps, these are basically designed for me ;-) We'll usually fit the prototypes and have several people ride and then put their comments together and adjust as necessary.

There was mention in this thread about the bolt hole for the lower cowl. On the right side we have an M6 hole (and bush) for screwing the lower cowl on (OEM or race lower). On the left side, nothing is required for the OEM panel, however, for the race lower we do supply a stay which fits behind one of the M10 bolts, so the lower can be secured with an M6 bolt.

Road and race setups are just a little different. The main thing being that the road kit can retain the side stand, whereas the race setup does away with this and is replaced with a couple of bushes. Also, the gear linkage is set up slightly different to give clearance from the side stand. The race setup will hit the stand if road shift is used.

Concerning road/race shifting. Both type of shifting patterns are possible with TYGA steps. Just a case of swinging the gear change arm around. Pretty simple.

If anyone has any questions they need answered then it may be useful to post the question up on here so that all riders can benefit from any answer.

Anyway, I don't want to outstay my welcome on my very first post, so I'll sign off for now and check in again later.

Cheers,

Matt.

Thanks for the info TYGA

I am sold on your step kits - for road use in my case - Will these always be in stock or is demand high as it will be a couple of weeks before I purchase - Great quality looking product and great value well done

Formula390

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
Hi Guys,
Matt from TYGA Performance here. Hope you don't mind me jumping in.

:) I was wondering how long until Matt and/or Paul would show up finally... :) For those not previously familiar with Tyga, Matt and Paul are long time parts manufactures as well as used parts. They were instrumental in helping me get my MC18 NSR 250 setup for racing... geez... must have been 15 or so years ago now, back when I lived in Seattle still and raced in the pacific northwest with WMRRA and OMRA.

Being a guy who's company is also going to be manufacturing parts for the RC390 it would be easy to either ignore them, or try and bash them, but honestly I just can't say enough nice things about the two of them. They are stand up guys and run Tyga with the type of integrity and customer service we can all hope to match. The parts they make are spectacular as well... those rearsets are beautiful... and Holy Fracking Hell that Carbon tail y'all are making is pure ART! That is hands down the BEST aftermarket bodywork piece I've ever seen in my life... BRAVO!

I should also note, that originally I had planned on making rearsets as part of my product offerings, but with Tyga making them, it's just plainly no longer part of my product roadmap anymore. That on a personal level was a bit... well lets just say less than stellar for -ME- but it's good for the owners/racers/forum members.

I think there's enough room in the RC390 aftermarket parts arena for us that are manufacturing bits for the bike to work with one another, or compete on quite amicable terms. The rising tide raises all boats and all that.

So welcome Matt! It's good to see you here! :)

- Matt Schreiner
Austin, TX

Matt@TYGA

Supporting Vendor
I am sold on your step kits - for road use in my case - Will these always be in stock or is demand high as it will be a couple of weeks before I purchase - Great quality looking product and great value well done

We'll try our best to keep the steps in stock. More material for the second batch is on it's way......

Rocketracer11

Hey Matt, my rear sets should be here this week, any chance I could get your instructions even without pics sooner rather than later? I doubt I'll have difficulty but some steps could be handy to say the least. Thanks a ton

reenmachine

Country flag
:) I was wondering how long until Matt and/or Paul would show up finally... :) For those not previously familiar with Tyga, Matt and Paul are long time parts manufactures as well as used parts. They were instrumental in helping me get my MC18 NSR 250 setup for racing... geez... must have been 15 or so years ago now, back when I lived in Seattle still and raced in the pacific northwest with WMRRA and OMRA.

Being a guy who's company is also going to be manufacturing parts for the RC390 it would be easy to either ignore them, or try and bash them, but honestly I just can't say enough nice things about the two of them. They are stand up guys and run Tyga with the type of integrity and customer service we can all hope to match. The parts they make are spectacular as well... those rearsets are beautiful... and Holy Fracking Hell that Carbon tail y'all are making is pure ART! That is hands down the BEST aftermarket bodywork piece I've ever seen in my life... BRAVO!

I should also note, that originally I had planned on making rearsets as part of my product offerings, but with Tyga making them, it's just plainly no longer part of my product roadmap anymore. That on a personal level was a bit... well lets just say less than stellar for -ME- but it's good for the owners/racers/forum members.

I think there's enough room in the RC390 aftermarket parts arena for us that are manufacturing bits for the bike to work with one another, or compete on quite amicable terms. The rising tide raises all boats and all that.

So welcome Matt! It's good to see you here! :)

- Matt Schreiner
Austin, TX

That's good people right there. Nice to see that still exists.