Tyga rear sets

fostytou

Country flag
Old thread, I know.

Since I have the Dynojet QuickShifter I was able to use the stock shift rod to replace the Tyga rod. I wanted the controls a little lower anyway, but in the lowest / most forward position when I downshift (GP) and the shift lever heim joint moves back it hits the base of the kickstand. Didn't happen at all, then constantly happened on my 110 mile ride yesterday.

It just barely hits it, but that means 1) there's interference which probably isn't good for everything and 2) I need to force it back to the resting position each time I downshift.

Is there an easy way to make sure the kickstand doesn't come up quite as much but also doesn't trip the side stand switch interrupt?

I'm fairly tall so I can shorten the rod slightly and move the shift arm up and just slightly away from the kickstand foot, but then if I want to move the pegs back I'll be in the same position. I can move them up but I'd rather not right now.

I'm also going to try to tighten up the kickstand pivot point a bit and see if that helps.

fostytou

Country flag
Also a fair point that some of the torque values are incorrect in the instructions. For instance the Axle calls for ~140Nm when it should be closer to 100 Nm / 73 ftlb. It'd be good to check over these before beginning your install and maybe good to upgrade the instructions if that's still an option.