Upgraded injector

acruhl

Country flag
I see the upgraded injector from Gray Area KTM. I would like to buy it from them, but the shipping cost seems way too high. $26 for a small part is too much.

Are these available anywhere else?

the Animal

Country flag
Can you tell me what kind if improvements you expect from that injector? I hadn't thought of changing that and would like some more info please ☺️

daforg

Country flag
Can you tell me what kind if improvements you expect from that injector? I hadn't thought of changing that and would like some more info please ☺
I'm also curious about this. I was thinking of opening my airbox lid but read somewhere that the injector needs upgrading if you do this. Anyone know what duty cycle the stock injector runs at with an aftermarket filter + pipe?

acruhl

Country flag
Once you start making modifications that improve airflow - exhaust and airbox for example - the bike will run lean. What people have said is the stock injector is not capable of providing enough flow. So I have the 3/4 Yoshimura exhaust, a K&N air filter, and I removed the snorkel. The bike was definitely running lean to the point where I was worried about damaging it. I put in the injector and now it is definitely running rich, but not severely in my opinion. I'm about 3000 feet above sea level, so it would only get better for people lower in elevation. At some point I will get a mapper and hopefully a wide band gas sensor to make it better, but it's not so bad now.

The question was asked specifically about duty cycle - I don't know. People who do this regularly have just said the stock one is not enough, and I think they are right. Gray Area KTM has an upgraded one that I bought and used and I'm happy with it.

AMv8(1day)

Country flag
What about spark and up rated fuel pressure regulator? I’ve already got a Ti header and midpipe, want to upgrade the filter and airbox lid, but what’s the point without upgrading fuel/spark?

Last edited:

daforg

Country flag
I'm also curious about this. I was thinking of opening my airbox lid but read somewhere that the injector needs upgrading if you do this. Anyone know what duty cycle the stock injector runs at with an aftermarket filter + pipe?
I ended up with an open airbox, K&N filter, larger injector and full Tyga WSS system. Makes decent power now, definitely worth the work. The tuner said he had to take quite a bit of fuel out when doing the tuning.

1JZSupra

Country flag
I ended up with an open airbox, K&N filter, larger injector and full Tyga WSS system. Makes decent power now, definitely worth the work. The tuner said he had to take quite a bit of fuel out when doing the tuning.

I fully believe that. my fuel map is all in the negative with how much fuel I had to take out. I do my own tuning so I was amazed by how much fuel it actually added lol