What do you wear and what are you looking to buy!?

Treachery

Country flag
Hey JKBC- overall, how do you like the Pegscratch jacket? I've looked at the Rev-It Shield jacket, which also comes in a "KTM" color scheme, but the Pegscratch is about $30 less, which is most of a back protector. Also, what provision is there for back armor? If you could post up a pic of the pocket, I'd appreciate it. Down South, that's going to be a fall (winter) spring jacket, I suspect.

Seth

Country flag
How do you like them pants ?? I bought the dainese Air-frame jacket and Im looking for a decent pair of pants to go with it .

Love em. I feel like James Bond when I am wearing them (they look tailored). Park the motorcycle, go have drinks at Ruth Chris. They also fit over the top of my TSX Boots.. Bonus!

psych0hans

Country flag
Picking up a dainese VR46 textile jacket and Veloce gloves. Got quiet a bargain on eBay for the jacket, hoping it's not a fake tho, coz it shipped out from China... Seller claims its OG, so I'm keeping my finders crossed.

Seth

Country flag
Just ordered the AlpineStars SP-1 full gauntlet gloves to replace my old school (2 year old SP-2 gloves). Seriously I needed the new ergonomic tech... curved fingers, refined carbon knuckles. alpinestars_sp1_gloves_black_white_fluo_yellow_detail.jpg

Seth

Country flag
dainese_super_speed_textile_jacket_detail.jpg

Now this is the Jacket I rock. Five Star all the way. If they ever discontinue this I will be on the prowl to pick up the pieces. I feel like a super hero with this jacket and my New Drake pans that zip together. Protection and cool for 3 seasons. Cordua fabric all the way around. Only thing that could make this jacket better? Some hi-vis piping.

Seth

Country flag
X001.jpg

These are the New Drake pants that zip to the above Jacket. My favorite pants of all time. You look so polished with these and cordura all the way. I rock these with pride.

Seth

Country flag
tcxx_move_wp_boots_black_detail.jpg

These are the boots I rock. The best looking IMO. They are TCX move wp boots. Don't be afraid of the WP ( water proof). The boots feel so secure and safe and the look excellent. I rock them in the dead of summer.

Seth

Country flag
dainese_d_exchange_small_backpack_black_anthracite_fluo_yellow_detail.jpg

Commute? This large one holds your lunch, work shoes and change of clothes. As a bonus you look like a ninja turtle ( in a good way)

Andy

Country flag
Still got my old Dainese suit and boots as well as me original Arai. Unfortunately my race suit no longer fits, I think it must have shrunk!

Bought a pair of new Spidi gloves, nice and comfy.

Sacape2

For my work commute, I wear the following from top to bottom:
-AGV K5 or Scorpion EXO-500
-Dainese Mugelo Pelle jacket
-Freezeout liner (cold mornings)
-Ogio Mach 3 No Drag pack
-Alpinestar Thunder gloves
-Dickies work pants
-Freezeout pants (cold mornings)
-Work boots

For my fun days and hard riding days:
-AGV K5
-Alpinestar Orbiter 1pc leather suit
-Underarmour top and bottoms
-Alpinestar Thunder gloves
-Cortech Latigo Air RR boots

I'm looking to get a set of Alpinestar GP Plus gloves for the extra wrist protection and Sidi boots. I feel awkward wearing cuff length gloves in full leathers.

Here's a picture of me in my suit and "putting around town" gear when I had my R6. About a week later, I was hit at an intersection, totalling the bike.
ORo1To8.jpg
O1pz663.jpg

Last edited:

unicorn_violence

Currently i have:
- Bell Star Carbon helmet
- Alpine Stars Motegi 1 Piece suit
- Leatt Neck brace
- Alpine stars SMX Plus boots
- Apline Stars SP-8 gloves
- Alpine Stars DryStar Andes Jacket (cold weather jacket)

i got lucky with all those purchases as everything was about 20 to 50% off retail price.:D

Looking to Buy:
- Spidi Track Wind Pro 1 Piece (apparently they fit tall lengthy people really well)
- Shoei X-14 Helmet

probably wont buy any gear anytime soon though as all bike funds will be going towards the bike itself.

20160227_160914-2.jpg

dbworld4k

As a new rider, here's my street gear:

-Bell Vortex helmet w/ Transition visor
-Dainese Pelle leather jacket
-Dainese Motoshoe Air shoes
-Alpinestars SP1 gloves
-Dainese back protector insert

I seriously need some proper riding jeans/pants. My normal casual jeans always end up sliding down showing off my glorious boxers to the cagers, lmao.

Just ordered the AlpineStars SP-1 full gauntlet gloves to replace my old school (2 year old SP-2 gloves). Seriously I needed the new ergonomic tech... curved fingers, refined carbon knuckles. View attachment 2322

I have these and absolutely love them.

Seth

Country flag
As a new rider, here's my street gear:

-Bell Vortex helmet w/ Transition visor
-Dainese Pelle leather jacket
-Dainese Motoshoe Air shoes
-Alpinestars SP1 gloves
-Dainese back protector insert

I seriously need some proper riding jeans/pants. My normal casual jeans always end up sliding down showing off my glorious boxers to the cagers, lmao.

I have these and absolutely love them.

Awesome! The SP-1s will be here by the end of the week. I bet they vent so much better than my old SP-2 gloves. About the pants.. If you are looking for a safer ride consider a pant that will zip with your jacket. The new drake is both comfy and vents well. I assume since you have a Dainese jacket this will be possible.

=maz=

Country flag
160314_-_CRD_-_6814_1[1].jpg

Head: Arai CorsairV
Body: Tiger Angel Leathers
BP: Dainese Mantis
Feet: Astars SMX-6
Gloves: Ixon RS-Pro

New boots(Astars Supertech-R) and leathers(Panik) are due soon...just some more weight of the jockey first. :)

tecknojoe

Country flag
I just got a pair of last years supertechs on closeout, this is the best bang for your buck on boots: https://www.ridersdiscount.com/alpinestars-supertech-r-boots-2012-142056

If you need any gear, just call TJ at riders discount. He can usually get really good deals on almost anything, but doesn't advertise the price online. I just saved hundreds on a new Arai Corsair X, and A* GP Tech gloves as well. If you call TJ he may even take more off those supertechs.

866.931.6644 x 817

Ryanthegreat1

Anyone have a NEXX helmet? Good, bad, ugly? Thoughts?

Just picked up an Alpinestars GP Pro suit. It is amazing. Probably never going to ride in textile again.

motoputz

Country flag
Commuting is done in an Aerostich Roadcrafter one piece suit with Daytona Road Star GTX boots, Helimont Hi-5 gloves when cold and Buffalo gloves when warm. Topped off with an Aria Profile helmet.

for the track it is a Vanson suit, personally slide tested at 100mph, Daytona Security boots, same test, The buffalo gloves from above our some Kevlar Held gloves if it is real hot. and the same Aria Profile helmet.

Future purchases will be a set of Held leathers, lighter track gloves and a new helmet of a yet to be determined brand.

Andy

Country flag
Out of interest does anyone have the KTM branded kit that came out when the 390 was released? Think it was Alpine Stars gloves, boots and suit and the Arai?