What do you wear and what are you looking to buy!?

Sacape2

As a new rider, here's my street gear:

-Bell Vortex helmet w/ Transition visor
-Dainese Pelle leather jacket
-Dainese Motoshoe Air shoes
-Alpinestars SP1 gloves
-Dainese back protector insert

I seriously need some proper riding jeans/pants. My normal casual jeans always end up sliding down showing off my glorious boxers to the cagers, lmao.

I have these and absolutely love them.

How do you like motoshoe? Confidence inspiring like a race boot? They look really comfortable.

Seth

Country flag
Just ordered the AlpineStars SP-1 full gauntlet gloves to replace my old school (2 year old SP-2 gloves). Seriously I needed the new ergonomic tech... curved fingers, refined carbon knuckles. View attachment 2322

Went on my first ride of this year today! Wore these and wow, perfect. Comfortable, vented and ergonomic. Looks good with your RC390 that everyone stares at like it was a spaceship.

Sacape2

Still waiting on my GP Plus Gauntlets and Sidi Vertigo boots. I'm thinking of getting the Alpinestars Supertech boots instead.

download_20160326_143847.jpg

Seth

Country flag
Ha ha! That house better have bodyguards, maids, and a garage full of motorcycles and gear!!

Metals 907

Current kit;

Arai ktm branded xd4
Icon citadel gloves
Scorpion exo short gloves
Icon basehawk jacket
Scorpion exo jacket
TLD knee pads
Sidi canyon boots
Dionesse sp. Riding jeans.
Helly Hansen rain pants
Icon squad 3.0 backpack.

To buy;
TLD armored shorts
Summer weight riding pants
Hot weather jacket/ armor.
Armored track type boot.

ToraTora

Country flag
Very dependent on the riding. But I'll have some combination of full face helmet, jacket, pants, boots, back protector, and gloves.

For more spirited riding I have a shoulder chest protector that get's employed. I've upgraded the impact areas of my older gear with better pads that have more reach around the joints. Mostly I wear some sort of leather jacket and pant, or a full suit. I do have some textile stuff, but it's seldom that I'll use it anymore as I really no longer trust it enough. One exception here is dirt gear--that's almost entirely textile.

It's good to experiment, and by that I mean try different kinds of gear. I'm quite fond of many of the Dianese products--especially their boots. If money is a factor check Craig's for used gear. Frequently you can find brand new gear up there from people that thought they wanted to be riders and then had a something happen like a wife crisis etc. This way you can find what brands fit your body best. People have such dramatically different shapes, and different cuts of the materials will work much better for some than others. You want to find which ones work with your body. Used gear can be a great way to achieve this collection of information.

The one exception to used gear though should be the helmet. Best to always get one in a known state. I spend a lot on helmets, and have a selection of them. Again, it depends on the riding. I'm quite fond of the Bells. I haven't tried any of the newest Stars, but they look great. Still with helmets it is important to find something that fits, and that should be your driving force in searching out a helmet.

Why back protector? From an obvious point of view why not? Sure they have limited ability, but in the one axis that they protect it's totally worth while. And if you get a proper fitting one you wont even notice it. When I was attacked by an inattentive Honda driver I'm pretty sure that the back protector saved me from some additional serious damage. I also like the built in kidney belt of the back protector. Keeps the guts from bouncing around--which dramatically reduces fatigue.