What is this melted hose under the fairing.

onethump

Wondering what this hose is on the left side of the bike just under the fairing. It looks like is came loose and has been touching the exhaust and now looks all melted. I've attached some pics, anyone know what it is?

Attachments

• IMG_20150607_212023.jpg
    IMG_20150607_212023.jpg
    770.9 KB · Views: 592
  • IMG_20150607_212211.jpg
    IMG_20150607_212211.jpg
    422.8 KB · Views: 576

Ryanthegreat1

Evap purge canister drain. The canister is mounted to the left fairing. That tube should be tucked into the metal clip on the fairing. Looks like yours might be routed wrong as well.

JKBC

Thanks onethump for noticing that. I looked at mine, just in case, and nothing is touching the exhaust.

simpletty

Country flag
Wondering what this hose is on the left side of the bike just under the fairing. It looks like is came loose and has been touching the exhaust and now looks all melted. I've attached some pics, anyone know what it is?
found mine burnt right through as well. 129 km. not impressed

Tobi-Miller

Thats the way it looks at my RC:

attachment.php

(from another post: http://www.rc390-forum.com/forum/engine-and-technical-discussion/607-cutting-minute-2.html)

What makes me a bit confused is that I somehow see two hoses at ure pictures!? And I can’t find a 2nd hose at my RC!?

Tobi-Miller

I really like this forum and its fun to read the all that interesting posts. That’s the reason I found this picture:

XqiRMqbl.jpg

(from the post: http://www.rc390-forum.com/forum/en...e-monkey-motorsports-installation-review.html )

Now I am definitely confused: two hoses!
There is no way around I have to remove the left fairing and take a closer look.
Maybe someone here has a RC without fairing standing in the garage and can post or send me a picture how it should look like. Thx!

OldVet

Mine was burnt half through also due to the bracket falling off in the first two hundred miles.

Starxz

Country flag
I don't think mine even came with a metal clip... I've zipped mine away from the exhaust to avoid this.

fostytou

Country flag
Zombie post I know.

I had already deleted the evap canister and Y'ed the hoses together but found the bracket came loose on my '17. I think the vibration from the bracket actually rubbed about halfway through the hose which was hard to spot at first, but a bit of fuel overflow after the bike sat in the garage was spit out down the fairing and onto the floor enough to make the garage stink pretty bad. I wiped it off of the fairings, added some blue locktite to the fastener for the clamp and re-tightened it.

Unfortunately nobody around apparently has 1/4 in (~6mm) vacuum hose (2 Chicagoland DCs and 3 other stores) and all of the double walled fuel hose was too big and too stiff. I could've forced it through, but it would've made taking the fairing off a pain. I didn't want to use a standard vacuum barrel connector since it may runoff fuel and I didn't want that to melt it. I also would've had to probably flip the orientation of the hose since the barrel would be at a bendy part. Wound up just grabbing way more vacuum hose than I need off amazon for more than I should've had to spend on it. I'll just hope that the short period that fuel is dripping through it isn't an issue for the non fuel rated hose. I'm semi tentative as I don't want fuel running right by a hot exhaust but there's only so much I can do.

In case you want it the OEM part number is JY171605 on the '17 - on earlier bikes it appears to be JY171095 according to this https://www.eskayautomotive.com/pdf/2W/RC-200-390-SPC-GRAYSCALE-MY-17.pdf