Daner

Country flag
What PCV/piggyback ecus are y'all running on your bikes? Powertronic? Dynojet's power commander V? Rapid bike Evo? Bazzaz? Coober? A different one?
And why did you choose that specific one over any of the other ones. I am trying to figure out which one I need for my bike, my goal is to get into the closed loop area, open loop area, have auto tune, extend the rev limit, remove the speed limiter(if their is any on the 2018 RC), have 2 or more preset maps to choose from 1 for stunting 1 for track riding, be able to change AFR, and change ignition timing, with the ability to add a quick shifter down the line when I can afford it.
What do you guys run?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220202-225513_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20220202-225513_Facebook.jpg
    643.3 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

ChrisW

Country flag
I’m running a complete Aracer setup. RC super 2 ecu, WB01 wideband and 2 way quickshifter. Works well, bike runs great even though I have only used the auto tune feature to set it up so far. Had a few minor glitches to start with but the more I ride the better it gets. I recommend it but it was expensive and did take a bit of fiddling to install.

Kapila

Country flag
I’m also in the market for one. ..
I’m going to do a cat and pre silencer delete, with stock header and high mount exhaust. I think I will leave the air box alone, unless it’s recommended to open it up with a full exhaust..
I was looking at the Power Commander 6. Since they just came out with it. They are launching the new software with it but it seems a little weird to me that you can’t see your uploaded maps( all you see is zeros) you can only see the changes you made to the original. I just don’t think I’m comfortable with that. I think I also would like to run a wide band O2 sensor. Power commander is also a little pricier.
I am also thinking about going with the Powertronic Ecu V4 which somehow is supposed to be better than the previous version. It’s a little less expensive than the PC6. Also I think I would run it with the Fuelx pro since its an auto tune, but is it really?
I would love not to have to run auto tune but I just don’t know where I would get maps from.
If anyone with experience in these setups could chime in I would love to know the key differences between them. There is not much info out there comparing the two.
@Daner
It seems to me that these two brands are the popular choices.

KTMLaos

Country flag
I have had a PT V3 on my 200 and 390.

On the 200 the PT V3 stopped mid-trip and I had to disconnect all loom plugs in order to continue (I didn't bring the dongle)
The PT V3 stopped after about 2.5 years (25,000+ km) and as RaceDYNAMIC was only willing to discount on a new purchase I went to Dimsport.

The 390 still runs on the PT V3 but I also got a Dimsport for her after the improvements I noticed between the PT V3 and the EVO on the 200.

I have bought a Fuel-X Lite (for a 250) and this device works fantastic on my friend's bike (installed in 10 minutes)(only fuel management)
I have also bought a Fuel-X Pro to test in combination with the PT V3 on the 390 but have not yet done so.

The 200 now (for 2 years) operates a Rapid Bike EVO (and I will never go back) and after approx 150 km dialled in (auto tune) fully to where I ride and the way I ride (fantastic).
The Rapid Bike I got for the 390 is a RACE with a YouTune module which I shall try out after the Fuel-X Pro - PT V3 test.

I do think it much depends on your goal and the usage you plan with your bike.
For track use, I would definitely choose a tunable device, PT (V3-V4), PCV-6, Rapid Bike EVO-RACE.
For road use, I would opt for a Fuel-X (Lite/Pro), Coober, Bazzaz, EJK or Aracer

My experience is only with PT V3, Fuel-X and Dimsport so can't comment on the others.

Since having the Rapid Bike EVO on my 200 it will be hard to convince myself to use any other.

Side note: I have not played with tuning the PT V3 units, just installed and used the 2 maps it came with.
Side note II: the Rapid Bike Race/EVO in combination with the YouTune device opens up even more options such as TC, LC, Engine Braking etc.

Last edited:

KTMLaos

Country flag
The PCV-6, PT V3-4 or Rapid Bike EVO-RACE are full motor management piggybacks.
The Fuel-X (Lite/Pro) and the FM from Coober only manage fuel (intercepting/modifying the O2 sensor data).
In other words, these 2 systems can not be compared this easily function and/or price-wise.

I’m also in the market for one. ..
I’m going to do a cat and pre silencer delete, with stock header and high mount exhaust. I think I will leave the air box alone, unless it’s recommended to open it up with a full exhaust..
I was looking at the Power Commander 6. Since they just came out with it. They are launching the new software with it but it seems a little weird to me that you can’t see your uploaded maps( all you see is zeros) you can only see the changes you made to the original. I just don’t think I’m comfortable with that. I think I also would like to run a wide band O2 sensor. Power commander is also a little pricier.
I am also thinking about going with the Powertronic Ecu V4 which somehow is supposed to be better than the previous version. It’s a little less expensive than the PC6. Also I think I would run it with the Fuelx pro since its an auto tune, but is it really?
I would love not to have to run auto tune but I just don’t know where I would get maps from.
If anyone with experience in these setups could chime in I would love to know the key differences between them. There is not much info out there comparing the two.
@Daner
It seems to me that these two brands are the popular choices.

Kapila

Country flag
i ended up pulling the trigger on the Fuel X pro for my fuel control needs. i figured id try it out. might back it up with the powertronic ecu in the future.

randycastell

Country flag
Greetings distinguished members: What is the word on the

PowerTRONIC FuelX Lite​

I keep tempting myself to install one for sweeter fuel management (little richer fuel mixture @ lower rev range) to save the motor from a little wear and tear. Has anyone had experience with the item? Do y'all think installation would void a warranty on a new bike. My 2022 is stock and I'll probably leave it this way. I've never had a bike I haven't modified before. :^) A more linear power delivery would be real nice. Thank you, Thank you! cheers!