Where are your favourite fun runs?

Maddog Reynolds

Anyone fancy sharing routes?

Because we come from all over the world, I'd suggest we include a county and country. There are Penriths in at least 3 countries, for example :)

Mine are all in UK: A6 Shap Road and A685 Appleby Road north of Kendal, Cumbria. Also a lot of the roads around Sedbergh, Kirkby Stephen, Tan Hill, Penrith and Alston.

And almost any twisty roads around Perth in Scotland, which is where I bought my RC :)

Andy

Country flag
Penrith to Alston on a weekday, less traffic.

Some of the roads out into the Keilder and towards Otterburn are nice but tend to have too much traffic.

A65 and A59 are ok and the roads that run around Ribblehead, Garsdale and out to Leyburn are cracking but you need to take your time and keep a good look out.

My all time favourites though are the roads around North West Essex, where I learnt to ride fast from mopeds to 1000s! Sadly the roads are well busy around there now but if you want a nice ride then head out to a little village at Finchingfield.

Maddog Reynolds

Penrith to Alston on a weekday, less traffic.

Oh yes :) I ride early or late to miss the traffic. And Sundays are sloooow, with lots of "Sunday drivers" and one or two summer riders who have recently come out of hibernation and not had enough coffee yet :)

Some good UK routes there. I haven't done Kielder yet, but I will :)

Maddog Reynolds

Down in the south of England I remember the the old A3 (where the new road left it quiet), A272 between Haywards Heath and Petersfield in Hampshire and the A303 as well. That was decades ago. I fear they will be clogged with traffic by now.