Need Help Why would my top speed only be 140kph/90mph?

JS.

Country flag
I've got a 2020 RC390 that's not performing as I'd expect. I never got to give it a proper test whilst stock, but after just adding the 3/4 R-77 Yoshi pipe (without a tune mind you) I can only hit 140 down the straight.
It's my first bike so I'm too ignorant to know if its underperforming elsewhere, but at the very least top end power is far below what I'd expect (where I'd be expecting to get something closer to 170, and slightly more with a tune).

I took it to the dealer and told them my problem and they said there was nothing wrong and that I should expect that with the pipe installed. I've looked at getting something like a rapid bike evo as I presume it's running quite lean, but everyone I've spoke to has told me both to not expect those kind of gains with a piggyback ecu (which is fair), but more concerningly that they wouldn't expect top end power to drop that much after just adding an exhaust in the first place.

I was hoping some more knowledgeable people here could tell me if the performance I'm experiencing could reasonably be attributed to adding an exhaust like this or if I likely have issues elsewhere to investigate (and ideally where I'd look or point someone to look).

Any advice would be appreciated as I attempt to close the gap between me and my mates ninja 400.

othebe

Country flag
Are you hitting the rev limiter or is the engine not spinning up? Some GoPro footage would be helpful if you had some. Also maybe try getting your shift points right and different roads in case there’s elevation?