Windscreen vs levers?

Treachery

Country flag
I've replaced the OE levers with an aftermarket set I'll post up about later. I also have the "racing bubble" windscreen with the headlight cutout. Question to anyone with that screen: Any issues with clearance of either lever and the screen? My clutch side just bumps the screen at full right lock. Thx!

DCMoney

Country flag
Interesting, my brake side is the one that can touch the windscreen (race double bubble) at full lock but it's more of a tap does not apply the brake.

s30series

I have the KTM bubble screen and aftermarket (ebay special) levers/grips. My clutch lever also bumps slightly at full lock. Not really worried, as how often do you go full lock moving? Never?

Treachery

Country flag
On this bike, virtually never. U-turns aren't really it's thing. I was more wondering if it was the levers that interfered with the screen or that the bubble screen's height or width interfered even with stock levers.

ReidMcT

Premium Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Country flag
I tried two different sets of aftermarket levers (Vortex and cheap Chinese), and both hit my screen. This happens with the stock screen as well as the racing screen that mounts to the stock fairing. The clutch lever interference is minor but the brake is enough to cause a crash if maneuvering at low parking lot speed. So I reverted to stock brake lever. I'm wondering if others have just rotated the lever mount significantly (mine is as it came from the factory and it feels like a good angle to me).

I imagine that if I bought the Tyga or Hotbodies fairing and screen I wouldn't have the interference problem, but that seems like a lot of trouble just to get an adjustable brake lever to fit. My other option would be to Dremel the screen to remove the area of conflict.

Thoughts?

John390

I don't have the KTM PP double bubble screen yet, but I am contemplating getting it.

I do have Rev-It levers and there is no interference on my bike at all. I will say that I rotated the clutch lever downwards to accomidate my personal preference. it just feels much more natural that way, so I guess this could be why it doesn't interfere?

ReidMcT

Premium Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Country flag
I don't have the KTM PP double bubble screen yet, but I am contemplating getting it.

I do have Rev-It levers and there is no interference on my bike at all. I will say that I rotated the clutch lever downwards to accomidate my personal preference. it just feels much more natural that way, so I guess this could be why it doesn't interfere?

Rev-it makes levers!? Also, do you have the stock triple clamp and bars? I do.

Thinking about the aftermarket Tyga triple clamp that comes with some sort of device to limit steering lock, may I should be thinking about how to limit lock on my bars. Anybody can tell me how the Tyga device works, and if I can rig one? EDIT: I see that the Tyga steering stopper is available for about $30 on eBay, and about $15 (plus shipping?) direct from Tyga. Guess I'll check with our site vendors for availability and pricing.

Last edited:

ReidMcT

Premium Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Country flag
Matt at Formula390.com just shipped my steering stopper. Thanks, Matt!