Wiring harness trim

mdabyo

Country flag
Hey, came accross a spare wiring harness so i am going to trim one down to just the bare essentials for racing. I have never done this before, anything i should keep an eye out for things i should not cut? etc? Really any advice here would be great!

GOJO

Ive trimmed the lighting loom out of mine and some abs wiring also removed the alarm loom and removed the switch gear wiring and wired the ignition switch into a off/run switch, i'll thin the relay and fuse loom out another day i can utilize one relay for power commander and quick shifter , also moved the diag socket up towards the headstock area for ease .

Duke2211

Country flag
Hey, came accross a spare wiring harness so i am going to trim one down to just the bare essentials for racing. I have never done this before, anything i should keep an eye out for things i should not cut? etc? Really any advice here would be great!
Hi there - just about to start similar - how v did you get on?
Ive trimmed the lighting loom out of mine and some abs wiring also removed the alarm loom and removed the switch gear wiring and wired the ignition switch into a off/run switch, i'll thin the relay and fuse loom out another day i can utilize one relay for power commander and quick shifter , also moved the diag socket up towards the headstock area for ease .
Hi - that’s quite a good bit of trimming- how’s it going now?